Tuesday 23 May 2023

Eating Out: Brisbane Vegan Twilight Markets (December 2022)

Figured I may as well keep sharing my trips to these markets. I've only been once more after this so far. It is getting pretty chilly in the evenings now, but I hope to make another visit soon. This post is from the December markets.

I love Hawaiian Pizza, I love pineapple on pizza. This is the Hawaiian Pizza from Piante Pizza. It was good but the tomato sauce of the base overpowered the other flavours a bit.

Hawaiian Pizza from Piante Pizza at Brisbane Vegan Night Markets


There was a new empanada stand, I can't remember the name. But I tried the Tofu and Spinach one. They have a lot of other fun sounding flavours, but they were all spicy. You can also get them with two different sauces, but they were spicy as well. You can also buy frozen empanadas to take home and keep in the freezer to bake when the mood strikes.

Tofu and Spinach Empanada at Brisbane Vegan Night Markets


I love the Grapefruit Iced Tea from the iced tea stall there. It is caffeine free, and is the perfect blend of tart and sweet. It is so refreshing.

Grapefruit Iced Tea at Brisbane Vegan Night Markets


I also got an Eggplant Dengaku roll from :D Select. It had eggplant dengaku, green beans, and avocado and was absolutely delicious.

Eggplant Dengaku Roll at Brisbane Vegan Night Markets


I brought home a couple of sweet treats for my parents. A Caramello Cupcake from Pippa's Pantry, and a Peanut Butter Brownie from Vegan Yumm. They both got a bit squished in transit.

Caramello Cupcake from Pippa's Pantry at Brisbane Vegan Night Markets


Peanut Butter Brownie from VeganYumm at Brisbane Vegan Night Markets


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise. She is beauty, she is grace. She wants my to get the camera out of her face.

Eloise




8 comments:

  1. Everything you got looks amazing and markets are so fun! The spinach and Tofu empanada sounds soooooo good and the sweet treats look so yummy. Hi Eloise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My memory can be bad but did you have some news about Scotland? Am I remembering wrong or did I miss it? Very cut kitty shot with the kitty pillow in the background 🤓 - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pineapple on pizza, too! Especially with "ham."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team pineapple pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi it’s been a while since you posted anything. Just checking that all is okay. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for checking in. <3 I had my PhD thesis submission deadline on the 30th of June, and my brother is here from Spain for another week and a half. So I have not had blogging time. But I am OK and will be back soon I hope!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your brother’s visit! So are you now Doctor Susan?!?! I hope this is the end of your studies or it is close. -Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still a few hurdles to get through! Any revisions from reviewers, and then the oral defence, which will take several months to get through I think.

      Delete