Wednesday 1 March 2023

Midweek Munchies

Everything is hard but at least there are munchies, right?

Soup! This was another one of those bottled soups where they claimed you could drink it without heating it, but that is lies. This one was much better than the other pumpkin one I tried. I love a big mug of soup with a toasted cheese sandwich.

Soup and cheese toastie


This Apple Crunch granola was more like a toasted muesli. It tasted good, but didn't have those nice big clusters I love.

Granola


Coconut-oil free vegan Le Snacks-like snacks! Though the cream cheese part was pretty meh, no real French onion flavour either. The best part was the crackers, which tasted great.

Cheese snack


Wildbreads is a bakery that delivers, and they have a number of vegan options including these Roasted Vegetable Pastry's. These were nice, but the filling was very sweet with the pumpkin. I'd have loved some olives in there. But would definitely get again.

Wildbreads Vegan Roasted Vegetable Pastry


Got these lovely seitan stick snacks from an Asian Grocery store! Though I always take things off sticks before eating, otherwise I just stab myself. These were a bit oily, but I just gave them a quick blotting with paper towel and then it was all good.

Snack


A refreshing passionfruit coconut water.

Passionfruit coconut water


These gluten free vegan turkey slices are... OK? They have a slightly strange texture, and they are fairly bland. Bring back Tofurky Hickory Smoked slices!

Turkey


I never had pork scratchings so I have no idea if these taste like anything. But they are savoury, crunchy, smoky goodness.

Pork Scratchings


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Thank goodness for snacks, and thank goodness for cats! Thank goodness for Eloise, who never fails to delight me with her range of wonderful positions.



7 comments:

  1. Oh man, did Tofurky stop making the smoked pepper slices?? I had no idea! Those were the best! Also, I loved those little snack packs with crackers and cheese spread as a kid. I love that there's a vegan version! And that pastry looks FIRE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still make all the tofurky flavours as far as I am aware, but they just aren't available in Australia any more. Which makes me sad, because they are the very best slices.

      Delete
  2. I loved those old cheese and cracker snack packs. Interesting to see a vegan option. It cracked me up where you said the cracker was the best part. -Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cracked you up? I see what you did there. ;) I would seriously just buy a box of those crackers.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha that was an accident. I am not that clever to make up puns 🤓 - Sri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good soup and sandwich combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eloise, what a silly way to relax! I love it.

    ReplyDelete