Thursday 22 April 2021

Midweek Munchies

Hey, these midweek munchies are posting midweek!

So many burgers these days, so many of them trying to be super meaty. Which is not really my jam, but yet if I see them on sale I feel compelled to try them. As long as they aren't full of coconut oil, which a surprising number are. This V2 burger looked meaty, but wasn't really that meaty. Not compared to something like the Beyond. But still a bit meatier than I would want to eat in general. I just made some pretty simple cheeseburgers with them.

V2 Burger


V2 burgers


Burger with V2 burger, Sheese Red Slices, Fry's Brioche Bun


Here is another leftovers into a toasted sandwich combination. This one using roasted eggplant, pizza sauce, and smoked Miyokos... so it was almost like and eggplant parmy sandwich except with bread instead of the eggplant being breaded.

Roasted eggplant, pizza sauce, smoked Miyoko's toasties


These fruit cake slices are vegan! However, they also are a bit dry.

We Love Cake Vegan Fruit Cake


This toasted sandwich had Tofurky Oven Roasted Slices, Miyoko's smoked cheese, spinach, and some sort of tart red jam... I can't remember exactly what it was.

Toasted Sandwich with Tofurky Oven Roasted, spinach, maybe cheese, some sort of red tart jam


I bought this fancy bottle of ginger Kombucha, which was nice.

Fancy Ginger Kombucha


Finally, some sick day ramen. This had a really nice flavour. It would be easy to add some extras to this to make if a bit more filling and fancy, but I was sick and just wanted something easy and savoury and warm.

Spiral Foods Instant Shiitake Ramen


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Instant ramen is often all I want when I'm sick, too. Hope you're feeling better these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this was when I had a really bad cold last year (tested COVID negative), and it was just what I needed. I have had another cold since then, but thankfully not as bad as that one.

      Delete