Friday 2 April 2021

Midweek Munchies

Random random random round-up of things I bought and ate in times past.

I'm not a big popcorn fan, but these were on sale for 99c each and I thought the flavours sounded fun. The Chicken Seasoning one was just OK, the flavour wasn't very strong. But the Raspberry Apple one was amazing, so much flavour!! Plus, probiotics. Do you need probiotics in popcorn? Do they even do anything? I don't know, but I was amused. Not pictured is the banana flavour, which I bought for my friend who wanted to try it and it was just as gross as you think it would be.

Weird popcorn


A random sandwich I made with some cashew cheese spread, Made With Plants bacon, and pickles. It might sound strange, but it was great.

Cashew Cheese, Bacon, and Pickle Sandwich


A more traditional sandwich, the trusty BLAT. Made With Plants bacon, avocado, tomato, spinach, and mayo. I love any variation on a BLT.

BLT


Continental released a range of silly packets of soup called 'Nutrish', several of which were vegan. This is the green one, 'Peas Be Mine', which has peas, broccoli, spirulina (okay), and chicory root fibre (sure....). It was... fine. A perfectly fine green soup.

Nutrish Soup Green


I found a packet of this pudding mix lurking around in my cupboard, so I made it. It is meant to be 'instant', though I chilled it a bit. Made with oat milk, it was pretty thin. Unfortunately, the reason that it is sugar free is because it has stevia in it, so it had that gross stevia after taste that I don't like. I mixed a buch of strawberry jam in it after the photo, which helped.

Instant Strawberry Pudding


Woolworths released their own vegan cookie under their Plantitude brand. They are Granola Chocolate Chip, and are really nice. Chewy, and not too sweet.

Plantitude Granola Choc Chip Cookies


Plantitude Granola Choc Chip Cookies


Final for this post, this Strawberry Mallow Out Bar. It's good! It is basically a thin chocolate coating around a bar of strawberry marshmallow.

Strawberry Mallow Bar


4 comments:

  1. Mallow Out sounds great! Sorry your pudding didn't turn out well.

    Bacon, cheese, and pickles sounds delightful as a sandwich. I may have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHH I want a mallow out bar! I used to love the marshmallow chocolate covered bunnies in my Eater Basket!!
    I have that same brand of jello in my pantry, and I hate it for the same stevia reason!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had more than one box of that pudding, I am sad to say. But have been trying to make it less gross which each attempt!

      Delete