Tuesday 3 March 2020

Eating Out: Izakaya Midori

A short post about a nice little lunch I had at Izakaya Midori, the amazing vegan Japanese restaurant down at the Gold Coast. I was down that way for an appointment, so it made sense to stop in for some delicious food as I was in the area! You can see my other Izakaya Midori posts here.

They have a selection of sushi rolls available at lunch time, so I got a Katsu roll and a Terichiki Avocado roll.

Katsu and Terichiki Avocado Sushi at Izakaya Midori


I love their Naso Miso Den, which seems to be a permanent addition to their specials menu. But this trip I thought I would try the Nasu de Agebitashi, or a cold dish of eggplant in a Japanese broth. This was refreshing and had some lovely flavours.

Nasu de Agebitashi at Izakaya Midori


Finally I had their Katsu Don. The don bowls are only available at lunch, and include one of their proteins, rice, and salad. The Katsu was lovely, though the sauce on it was a bit sweeter than I would have expected.

Katsu Don at Izakaya Midori


Izakaya Midori continues to be one of my favourite places. I have only posted about their lunch menu so far, but my next post about them will be about an amazing dinner my mum and I had there last month. So stay tuned.

Izakaya Midori - Shop 7/ 50 Woodland Drive, Reedy Creek, QLD - (07) 5645 6625

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

BunnyDee Pet Pins


The final pin close up of my custom Bunny Dee pet pins - the noble Sahara.

6 comments:

  1. I'll just have everything you're having!
    What a beautiful pin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Izakaya Midori is truly something special.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a cold eggplant dish, but now I am intrigued!
    Such a nice pin for sweet Sahara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an interesting change compared to a hot eggplant dish.

      Delete
  3. I need to go out for Japanese food again soon. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my fvourite cuisine, but hard to find vegan. This place is definitely worth the drive.

      Delete