Monday 10 December 2018

Eating Out: Brisbane Vegan Markets December 2018

Another month, another Brisbane Vegan Markets. Although billed as Christmas markets, there was very little on theme except for one cupcake stall that had Christmas flavours and decorations. I met my friends Tracee and Jamie there as usual, and we embarked on some eating.

Nutsy was there again with their nut milks, and I was able to score my favourite Strawberry Cashew Milk to start off with. Once again, a lot of the food places were not ready to serve at 9am when the markets opened, so it was good to have this to get started.

Strawberry Cashew Milk from Nutsy at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Jamie once again had his favourite Veef Burger from the Farm Animal Rescue stall. He ate two of them last time. This time, I was able to get a photo.

Veef Burger from FAR at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I had the Breakfast Burger from Gatherers. It had a hashbrown, cheese, BBQ jackfruit, avocado, spinach, and tomato relish. It was pretty good, though not too filling.

Breakfast Burger from Gatherer's at Brisbane Vegan Markets


And of course, we finished with some I Should Coco ice cream. This time I tried the Cookie Monster - chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate chip cookie chunks, and crumbled vegan Tim Tams with chocolate sauce.

Cookie Monster from I Should Coco at Brisbane Vegan Markets


There was a new stall there selling bagels, both filled and also to take away. They had some nice looking fillings, but I just got a selection to take with me. Three everything bagels, one garlic, one rye sunflower, and one blueberry. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the place.

Everything Bagels, Garlic Bagel, Sunflower & Rye Bagel, Blueberry Bagel at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Also eaten but not pictured, Jamie and Tracee shared some momos, Tracee had a hot dog (though it wasn't very good, sadly), and I also had a sugar cane and ginger juice in my reusable smoothie cup.

Before going to the markets, I went to some other community markets where The Little Vegan & Co were having a stall. They make the most amazing baked goods! It was so lovely to be able to meet them, and hear about their very exciting plans for the future. And of course, buy some of their things! I got a mini pecan pie, a blueberry & chocolate chip muffin, iced vovos, a fruit mince tart, a peanut and chocolate chip cookie, and a peanut butter cookie base brownie. So good. I was super excited about the iced vovos, as I loved them in my pregan days, and they were everything I hoped and dreamed!

Pecan Pie, Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffin, Iced Vovos, Mince Tart, Peanut Cookie, Peanut Butter Cookie Brownie, from Little Vegan & Co at Bardon Markets


So that was my final BVM for the year. Next year, we have decided to mix it up a bit and try out different places for brunch instead of just the markets all the time, and just go to the markets every few months. We need a bit of a change and some more variety. Especially as it gets hotter over the next few months!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Month

Dim Sim Unicorn


One more photo of Dim Sim as an annoyed unicorn.

8 comments:

  1. I want to try strawberry cashew milk so badly! I've never seen in it anywhere!!!!
    I always feel like jackfruit isn't very filling. I always have to mix it with some tofu or mushrooms or something a little more filling.
    Ha, Dim Sim looks like Etta did with the reindeer antlers!!
    She looks so stinking cute though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I want that pretty pink drink!

      Delete
    2. This is the only one I've ever found. And it is so fresh and good.

      Delete
  2. Filled bagel? Like eclair/donut type of filled? Or like sliced in half and made into a sandwich type of filled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandwich filled. Filled like a doughnut would be amazing though, someone should do that!

      Delete
    2. At first I was like "WHAT CRAZY IDEA TO FILL A BAGEL!" but now I think I need to try a cream cheese filled bagel lol. Or hummus. Mmm...

      Delete
  3. The Veef burger looks good and the iced vovos sound so fun; I'd never heard of them before! Dim Sim is such a serious unicorn, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about it before, but I guess that Iced Vovos are an Australian thing. I loved them pre-gan, and these were even better.

      Delete