Thursday 11 February 2016

Eating Out: Charlie's Raw Squeeze at Everton Park

Yes, another Charlie's lunch! I was at work and they were having a $5 salad special (normally salads are $12.95), and I didn't have anything booked in, so who was I to say no to such a fortuitous event?

Myself and one of the nurses both got the Mediterranean Salad, which was delicious! A fresh chickpea salad, potatoes in a tomato sauce, hummus, falafel and dolmades. This is an amazing feast for the regular price, let alone $5. I loved it!

Mediterranean Salad from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


The other nurse got the Chargrilled Eggplant Salad. This was something very different from her normal style of eating, and she thought it was OK but was not the biggest fan. I shall report on my thoughts when I get around to ordering this salad myself one day.

Chargrilled Eggplant Salad from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


I also had a large Mango Madness Smoothie ($10), which had frozen mango and berries and watermelon juice. It was a hot day, and this was super refreshing!

Mango Madness Smoothie from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


Sadly they were all out of plain cinnamon rolls, so no dessert.

Charlie's Raw Squeeze at Charlie's Fruit Market - 473 South Pine Road, Everton Park, Brisbane - 3855 3966

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Ghost kitty


Ghost kitty..... Not really, I just took a photo of this handsome fellow through some glass!

9 comments:

  1. Ghost kitty is creepy cute and even I'd consider a salad for $5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghost kitty wants to snug you and watch you eat salad!

      Delete
  2. Both salads look amazing, and especially for five dollars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $5 was such a great deal! I keep an eye out, but they haven't had a similar deal since then.

      Delete
  3. You're wise not to pass up a sweet deal like that! I'm so jealous of your hot days over there right now. Freezing my ass off today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the days are pretty stinky! Still, I'll take that over freezing. ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the artsy cat photo!

    And $5 salads?! Sounds like such a steal! Even cheaper than the smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "normally salads are $12.95"
    Whew. That's a little pricy. The salad does look quite nice though. And big. I would have picked the salad you picked. The other one doesn't sound appealing to me (I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't like eggplant much).
    $5 sounds like a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eggplant, but so many places don't do it quite right.
      That $12.95 is in Australian dollars, so that would probably be around a dime in US moneys given the current exchange rate. ;)
      One thing I have noticed eating out the the US compared to eating out here is that it is much more expensive in Australia. :/

      Delete