Thursday 7 May 2020

Midweek Munchies

Things that I ate at some point. But first, a possum! A while ago my dad went to use a bucket and found this bebbeh possum having a snooze in it!

Possum in a bucket


The newest addition to the vegan friendly ice cream snacks is Drumsticks, which are similar to a Cornetto. They recently released three vegan flavours - Vanilla Chocolate, Coconut Raspberry, and Affogato. The Vanilla Chocolate is the only one I can have, as I don't do coffee and the Coconut Raspberry one has a load of coconut fat in it. The Vanilla Chocolate does have a bit of coconut in it, but it is not enough to cause me issues. It is tasty and fun, though I think I prefer the Cornettos.

Vegan Drumsticks


Vegan Drumsticks


Here is another photos of loads of gorgeous berries. I miss fresh berries.

Berries!


Earlier this year, I went to my best friend's house to watch some Buffy and Angel. She made a snack of chicken nuggets, potato gems, and sauce on white bread. So good.

Chicken Nugget and Potato Gem sandwich


Then we baked a Fry's Meditarranean Frozen Pizza. It has Fry's chick'n strips and tomato, spinach, basil, and olives... and most importantly no capsicum or chili! It is really good, so nice and fresh tasting. We had it with some Coles brand garlic bread, which happens to be vegan.

Fry's Mediterranean Pizza


Fry's Mediterranean Pizza plus Coles Garlic Bread


I had bought a heap of Daiya Cheddar Mac and Cheese on sale (it was like $2 for each box), but I kind of got sick of it on its own. It is fine but not amazing. So I tried to fancy it up a little bit. First up, I mixed a tin of Baked Beans and a bunch of Bacon bits into some.

Daiya Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Baked Beans and Bacon Bits


In this one, I mixed in some creamed corn and sauerkraut, and topped it with some fried shallots.

Daiya Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Creamed Corn, Sauerkraut, and Fried Shallots


Here is a delicious sandwich I made, using some leftover Nooch Tofu, with tomato, spinach, avocado, and mayo. So kind of like BLAT but with noochy tofu instead of tempeh bacon.

Nooch Tofu, Spinach, Tomato, Mayo Sandwich


Finally, I was craving a cheesy bolognese style pasta for lunch one day, and I had this Lentil Bolognese microwave meal in the fridge. It didn't have any cheese on it, so I added a bunch of Daiya to melt as it cooked and also added some cashew parmesan. I am glad I did, because the bolognese itself was meh. The lentils were quite al dente.... to undercook red lentils is quite a feat. So I was glad for all that cheese!

Nature's Kitchen Lentil Bolognese with Daiya Cheese and parmesan


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Possum by Papadore Art


Speaking of possums, we also had a lovely portrait of our old family cat Possum done by Papadore Art.

7 comments:

  1. Baby possum!! So freaking sweet!
    I used to love drumsticks!! The coconut raspberry sounds delicious!
    Wow, it really is quite the feat to under cook red lentils!
    I love the portrait of Possum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Undercooking red lentils almost deserves an award... like, not a good one, but something!

      Delete
  2. Nooch tofu! I'll admit to hating the word "Nooch" but that recipe looks amazing, and the sandwich is so beautiful!

    I didn't always love berries but now I'm nuts about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't love the word nooch either, but I sure do love it.

      Delete
  3. The baby possum looks so snug in the bucket!
    Yum, berries! And neat ideas for fancying up the Daiya mac!
    Another beautiful portrait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have some fun trying to think of things to add into the Daiya.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete