Tuesday 26 May 2020

Eating Out*: Pizza Hut (Delivery)

*Do they even have eat in Pizza Huts anymore? Anyway, this was pre-COVID, but was a delightful delivery.

Not wanting to be left behind, Pizza Hut came out with a vegan range of pizzas earlier this year. They use Dairy Free Down Under cheese, which I have tried before at home and sadly it was not the greatest, but I figured their ovens can probably melt it down better than mine. Unlike Dominos, they don't have any vegan meats, but have a selection of vegetable and vegan cheese pizzas, as well as a few sides. I got a delivery deal for two vegan pizzas, two vegan sides, and vegan desserts.

First up, the Vegan Mediterranean, which had tomato pizza sauce, kalamata olives, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese.

Vegan Mediterranean Pizza from Pizza Hut


For our second pizza, we got the Veggie Deluxe, which was tomato pizza sauce, mushrooms, pineapple (yay!), tomato, onion, and vegan cheese. Also capsicum, but I had that left off.

Vegan Deluxe from Pizza Hut


For our sides, we got some Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread and some Spud Bites (basically, potato gems).

Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread from Pizza Hut


Spud Bites from Pizza Hut


So, how was it? The pizza was pretty good, and the cheese was OK. The flavours were fairly similar, but I enjoyed them both. They also have a Vegan Margherita and a Vegan Cheese Lovers pizza, and the Meditarranean pizza also comes as a personal pizza at lunch time. The vegan cheesy bread was nice (though the Dominos Cheesy Garlic Bread is the best), and the potato gems were good though a bit soggy by the time they arrived. Still, a nice dinner with pieces of pizza left over to eat cold the next day.

Vegan Pizza Hut


As for that vegan dessert? Well, there is only one option. And that is a four pack of the Vegan Cornettos, which I happen to love. Pizza and ice cream? Yes please!

Cornettos from Pizza Hut


Pizza Hut is a national chain, and is all delivery or pick up. Though based on their website they are now making sure it is contactless given current times.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara sitting pretty


A couple of posts ago I talked about some Gizmo memories I've been thinking about a lot lately. I've also been thinking about Sahara. She would have been pretty happy to have me home all the time I think. She loved being involved and seeing what I was up to, but she also just loved me. Honestly, the love and just complete trust that little cat had in me makes me cry. All the things she had to go through, but if I was there she believed in me and let us do them. What a gift.

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you have Pizza Hut as another option for vegan pizza!
    Sweet Sahara! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so very sweet. I wish I could gaze into her little eye full of love.

      Delete
  2. WHAT?! I wish our Pizza Huts had vegan cheese and our Domino's had vegan meats! Ha! The U.S. is so behind! :-( That all sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it strange that the US is behind Australia in the vegan pizza stakes! Though I think you have more actual pizza restaurants with awesome vegan pizzas, but the chain restaurants and deliveries over there need to pick up the slack!

      Delete
  3. Pizza joints rarely cater to vegans in the U.S., so like the other Americans here I'll just have to envy you. (We can get vegan pizza from chains like Pizza Hut, just without cheese or anything interesting on them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be vegetable pizza with no cheese was the only option here as well, which was fine. But definitely prefer being able to have a range of different fun toppings.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome lazy-night dinner. I have to give these a go.

    ReplyDelete