Sunday 2 April 2023

Midweek Munchies

Yes, it is Sunday today. That is the end of the week, not the midweek. But you can munch anytime, so let's midweek munchies today.

V2 is one of my favourite plant-based meat brands. They hit that sweet spot for me between meaty enough but not super realistically meaty. They came out with some new sausages recently, including these Garlic & Herb ones that I scored on sale. Definitely do recommend.

V2 Sausages


At the end of last year I did an online conference, which started at 11am and didn't really have a proper break until 2pm. So I packed a lunch to snack at while I was watching on my computer. This has sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes, oat crackers (that a friend sent my from Scotland... important update on Scotland coming soon!), Field Roast slices, gherkins, and Sheese.

Snack Lunch Box


I got these Veggie Snags on sale at The Green Edge. They had caramelised onions and balsamic vinegar, which sounds delicious. They were chickpea based, and that definitely came through in the texture. My mum really liked them! I thought they were OK. Definitely only an on-sale buy for the future. I served them with roasted potatoes, some frozen vegetable mix I needed to use up, and BBQ sauce.

Veggie Sausages


Veggie Sausages


I found this vegan cookie dough at a random IGA that had a lot of cool vegan stuff. You can't see it in the photo, but the tub proudly proclaimed that they were made using aquafaba. Also, no coconut oil. Very important. It was expensive, but I couldn't resist buying it. And you know what, they were pretty good! Not quite as good as homemade, but much less effort. I love to see more products like this coming out.

Cookie Dough Cookies


Cookie Dough Cookies


I was able to buy a bunch of Pana spreads on sale that I have been slowly working my way through, including this chocolate orange one. I love chocolate and orange together! And this tastes like a jaffa! Though I have noticed one way my tastebuds are changing is that I find that things with orange oil in them are leaving a funny aftertaste on my tongue that I am not loving, which is a shame. Anyone else had weird things like this happen?

Pana Chocolate Orange Spread


My friend got my this Lindt vegan chocolate to try. Although Lindt has traditionally had some vegan-friendly dark chocolate, I tend not to buy them because I do my best to stick to FEP approved chocolate to avoid slave labour and Lindt is on their 'cannot recommend, did not respond' list. But they do have some information on their website about their chocolate sourcing. As for this chocolate, I guess it is fine for those who like milk chocolate. But why would I buy it when I could be eating their 99% dark chocolate if I was going to buy Lindt? For any new readers, I famously like my chocolate dark, bitter, and angry with the world.

Lindt Vegan Chocolate


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle


Friday the 31st of March was Mirabelle's fifth birthday! Happy birthday to my squeaky beaky criminal squirrel, stinky alien baby!!



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely lunch you packed for your online conference 😋. Cannot wait to hear your Scotland news ! Have a great week! - Sri.

    ReplyDelete