Sunday 2 October 2022

Recipe Round-Up: Chloe's Vegan Desserts

Dipping my toe back into recipe round-ups, but keeping things fairly short to get started. Chloe's Vegan Desserts, by Chloe Coscarelli, is a great book filled with desserts for any occasion. Even breakfast! This book isn't in regular rotation, but it is something I will reach for if I have a bake sale or a birthday coming up. You can see what else I have made from this book here.

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins: This is a classic combination, and these have a lovely flavour! Chloe uses coconut milk in a lot of her recipes, I just used oat milk for this. I needed to bake them a little bit longer and hotter that the recipe said, but my oven can be annoying like that. I skipped the glaze, because I am not a glaze fan, and these were just perfect without it.
Rating: :)

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins


Blondies: These are a fun take on blondies, with some cinnamon and option rum giving a lovely flavour. I used 1/2 tsp of rum extract instead of the 1 tablespoon of rum, which gave a nice flavour that wasn't overpowerin. These are quite thin, but have great puffy and crunchy edges! I used pecans rather than walnuts in them, as well as the chocolate chips.
Rating: :)

Blondies


Brownies: These brownies use melted chocolate chips in the batter, which is the correct way to make brownies. If they just have coco powder, they are really just a cake. As you can see, these brownies are perfectly dense and fudgy! I made a half batch of these in a 20 x 20 cm baking pan, and reduced the baking time to 30 minutes. I also skipped the nuts.
Rating: :)

Brownies


Double Crust Fudge Bars: These look like they take a bit of effort, but are actually super easy! You use your food processor to make the shortbread crust, and then the filling is made on the stove with a bit of stiring. Most of the crust is pressed into the base, then the filling poured on top, then the rest of the crust spinrkled over. I had to bake mine for an extra 10 minutes to get the cookie top brown enough. These are very rich, but not too sweet, and a great addition to bake sales, parties, or just for fun.
Double-Crust Fudge Bars


Mojito Chocolate Chip Cookies: Lime and chocolate might not be a flavour combination you immediately think of, but these are great. The recipe says it makes forty-six 2.5 inch cookies - that's a lot of cookies! I was making these for a bake sale, so I used my ice cream scoop to get 20 nice big cookies, and I baked them for an extra 10 minutes. These cookies also call for rum, but I used 1/2 the amount of rum extract and made up the rest with some soy milk. They are topped off with a lovely lime sugar, says it is optional but I highly recommend.
Rating: :)

Mojito Chocolate Chip Cookies


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle and Eloise


Mirabelle and Eloise sniffing on my bed. As you can see, Eloise is already making a little hiss. It can sometimes be a bit rocky between these two, but we persevere!

3 comments:

  1. These all look amazing! I'm intrigued by the layered fudgy thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hit at the bake sale I made it for.

      Delete
  2. A whole post of desserts! Yummmm.

    ReplyDelete