Tuesday 4 October 2022

Eating Out: Yuan Yuan

Earlier this year I met up with my friends at Yuan Yuan, a mostly vegan Chinese restaurant near my house. While Yuan Yuan does not have outdoor seating as such, they have large open doors all the way down the side of the restaurant, so we grabbed a table next to these for lots of ventilation. You can see my previous posts about Yuan Yuan here.

Our starters included spring rolls, dumplings, and BBQ bao.

Dumpings, Steamed BBQ Buns, Spring Rolls at Yuan Yuan


They also got some Hot and Sour Soup, though it was so hot (in the spicy sense) that it was hard to get through.

Hot and Sour Soup at Yuan Yuan


One of them got the Tofu Combination Hot Pot, which has tofu, vegetables, and vegan meats and seafood in it. I didn't try any of this, I'm not a fan of vegan seafood and it tends to leave its taste over everything.

Tofu Combination Hot Pot at Yuan Yuan


I went with something I had tried before, but I just love it. The Tofu and Enoki Hotpot. I just cannot say not to tofu and mushrooms! Also look how pretty their rice is.

Tofu and Enoki Hot Pot at Yuan Yuan


My other friend ordered the Ho Fun with Chicken, which is a huge plate of noodles with vegetables and vegan chicken. They do very good noodles there.

Ho Fun with Chicken at Yuan Yuan


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


I bought this nice kitty hidey hole from Kmart. It also has a cushion on top. When it first came home, it was a big hit with Boo especially. Though now of course they mostly ignore it. Though Boo was in there the other day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this all looks amazing - especially the dumplings and bao! The vegan options at Chinese restaurants in my town are sorely lacking. I really envy you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very grateful to have several great vegan Chinese options around my place.

      Delete
  2. Those noodles look amazing! But yes, so does the rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know how to make things look good.

      Delete