Wednesday 28 September 2022

Midweek Munchies

That time of the week.

I tried the new V2 schnitzels that came out. There are two in this packet and they are HUGE! But nice. But HUGE! This was a minimal effort dinner, so I served them with some baby spinach, instant mashed potatoes, and some gravy. This was my first time trying the Green's gravy granules. Normally store-bought gravy powder is a massive disappointment, but this stuff is GOOD and THICK! My preferred easy to have on hand gravy forever.

V2 Schnitzel and Green's Gravy Granules


V2 Schnitzel and Green's Gravy Granules


I've tried one of these Loco Love flavours before, but they are super expensive and I was never that impressed. I found them on super sale so bought a couple of flavours. Thoughts? Meh. The flavour is good, but there is just something about the texture. The ganache is sort of hard and waxy.

Loco Love Chocolates


Another new V2 product, this time their lasagne ready meal. This was good for what it was, but there was no sign of the bechamel sauce and it also doesn't come with any cheese. Also, expensive. But it is a pretty solid meal at least.

V2 Lasagne


Picked up this Pumpkin and Carrot Pate on a whim from The Green Edge one day and it was great! I ate it as a dip and on sandwiches, but I think it could also be niced mixed through some leftover pasta to a fun little lunch. Would buy again.

Pumpkin and Carrot Pate


Everyone was very excited about these new vegan sour cream and chives veggie chips. Of course I had to get them! They suffered from what so many chips suffer from, not having a strong enough flavour. I had to think really hard while eating to pick out that it was actually sour cream and chives and not something just slightly tangy.

Chips


Finally, I have been loving these Field Roast Mushroom and Balsamic slices! I am really back into sandwiches this year, they are so wonderful! And these make a great sandwich or grilled cheese. I love the earthy mushroom mixed with the hint of balsamic. Do recommend.

Field Roast Slices


That's it for this week! Trying to get the energy to post more of all the other things I want to share, but energy is hard to come by at the moment. Hope you are all hanging in there.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise turns 1!


It was Eloise's first birthday this week! Happy birthday to her! She is now officially a cat, so I can go back to saying I have all adults at home. Love this little girl (who is not so little) a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, the pate and the mushroom field roast slices look really good! I'll keep an eye out for these.

    ReplyDelete