Thursday 22 September 2022

Midweek Munchies

Summer is coming, and it is making me very sad. Our spring was about three days, then it started getting hot! But miraculously today is a cool and rainy day, and I don't have to leave the house, so looking forward to spending the rest of the day on the sofa watching TV with cups of tea.

Here is a stirfry I made using entirely ready made ingredients. I had tried the Meet frozen beefy strips before, but these were their newer fridge product... that I didn't use when I first bought, so I stuck in the freezer. I marinaded them in this Korean BBQ marinade packet, which had a nice flavour, and cooked them with some of these stir-fry vegetables I had hanging out in my freezer. It can be hard to find a frozen stir-fry veggie mix without capsicum, so I appreciate this one. I just served it over some rice.

Stir-Fry


Stir-Fry


My Eurovision breakfast! Yes, Eurovision was 4 months ago, but I am catching up on things forever. I get up at 4.30 to watch the live broadcasts that start at 5am, so I don't have time for a fussy breakfast. So this year I enjoyed some crumpets (one with vegemite and Nuttelex, one with peanut butter and jam), a cut up plum, and a mug of my favourite licorice and cinnamon tea. I filled up the mug about 1/3 with oat milk and it is a lovely slightly sweet milky comforting tea. Also pictured are my morning Nurofen (chronic pain is no joke friends) and vegan multivitamin.

Eurovision Breakfast


I am not the biggest fan of mint and chocolate together, too often it just tastes like toothpaste blended into chocolate. But this Only Mine vegan mint chocolate was good, but virtue of the fact that instead of mixing the mint through the chocolate they the chocolate a creamy mint filling. Very much like to Whittaker's dark peppermint chocolate block.

Only Mine Peppermint Chocolate


I made a silly spider using some of the last of my So Delicious Cashew Vanilla icecream (RIP So Delicious, which isn't available in Australia at all anymore) and some Blueberry Sour kombucha. I am terrible at taking nice photos of drinks, but the sweetness of the ice cream and the sourness of the kombucha went perfectly together.

Blueberry Sour Kombucha Spider


V2 came out with some new vegan ready meals, and I tried them when they were on their introductory special. This Penne Bake was good, but you need to add your own cheese. Which I did with some FYH parmesan (RIP as well, Follow Your Heart is no longer available in Australia... which means NO MORE VEGENAISE... I'm devestated). This was fine, though too expensive for what it was. Though I feel like that is the case with a lot of vegan ready meals.

V2 Penne Bake


Here are a bunch of soups I bought to enjoy over winter. But I have only actually had one so far. Good intentions, etc. But the Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Cumin soup was very nice! Stay tuned for updates on the other ones, which I guess I will be having over summer now...

Soups


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle


Who is she?



6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I know the feeling of dread that can come with the start of summer! But think of the stone fruits. It may help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stone fruits... that is a positive! Apricots and cherries! Still a bit soon for them, but I will cherish them when they arrive.

      Delete
  2. Yes about the stone fruits! The best part of summer as far as I'm concerned (I hate the heat). I ate as many apricots as I could this summer although I couldn't find any of those Ranier golden cherries. I hear you on the chocolate mint tasting like toothpaste mixed into chocolate. Real mint is delicious but I can't eat chocolate mint anything because all I taste is the artificial flavorings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some people look at me like I am ridiculous when I say about the toothpaste chocolate. But I know I am not alone.

      Delete
  3. Hope that the pain meds are allowing you to do/move like you want. Those are some yummy looking dishes you have been enjoying. -Sri

    ReplyDelete