Thursday 1 October 2020

Midweek Munchies: Burgers I've Made

This week's post is dedicated to some burgers I have made using ready made burger stuff. Warm up your TMJs, and enjoy.

I made some cheeseburgers using some Vegie Delights Smokey BBQ Burgers (one of my favourite burgers, not too meaty), some Daiya American-Style slices I rummageed out of the freezer, some Bread & Butter Pickles, and some of the Coles Special Cheese Burger Sauce. I've spoken about the sauce before, it is pretty amazing! Like ketchup, mustard, and pickle all rolled into one. The Daiya cheese crumbled once it was thawed, so I more just put a little pile on rather than a slice. Anyway, this was a good burger. These were on a burger I had bought from a bakery.

Cheeseburger


Cheeseburger


This was a chicken burger I made, using my favourite chicken-style patties from Veggie Delights. It was also my first time trying the Fry's Brioche Burger Buns (from Woolworths), spoiler alert they are great. I had bought some Sheese Red Leicester-Style slices at The Green Edge on super sale. I used to love Sheese, then they went away and came back reformulated without palm oil (good), but using coconut oil (noooooo!). But the price was right on these to do a little test, and happy to report that I can eat them! Finally, the Coles Vegan Special Burger Sauce, which is like a Big Mac sauce. Also a good burger.

Chicken Burger


Chicken Burger


Another beefy-style burger, this time using the Veef Patties. I really like these patties as well, again they are not too meaty. A few familiar friends, with the Fry's Brioche and the Coles vegan burger sauce. I also added some spinach, Daiya Smoked Gouda (sliced from a block) and some pickles again. It was, you guessed it, a good burger.

Veef Burger


Veef Burger


This final burger was inspired off a recipe I screenshotted off someone's stories from Instagram ages ago. It is a bakery vegan milk bun, sprinkled with some Daiya mozzarella shreds and then popped under the grill (broiler for my US friends) to melt. Add some baby spinach, a Veggie Delights Chick'n Style Patty, marinara sauce, and some cream cheese mixed with herbs (in lieu of ricotta). This one was a great burger!

Chicken parma burger


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Dim Sim is very serious about her scritches.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, burgers! I swear early vegan me ate burgers about 4 nights a week, and now hardly ever. But you make me want a burger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't make them that often, but with all the fun new burger-related vegan products that have come out lately, I have been inspired.

      Delete
  2. I ate so many burgers when I first went vegan. I would love to eat so many more, but gluten free buns take the fun out of burgers for me!
    I'm with you, I like the less meaty meaty vegan burgers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bun issue is a problem. It's a shame that there isn't more focus on making good vegan gluten free bread. If they can make a plant based burger than bleeds, surely someone can make a decent gleegan burger bun!

      Delete
  3. So many burgers, and they all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on a real burger kick this year. Or at least these last couple of months.

      Delete