Tuesday 16 July 2019

Eating Out: Yavanna

Over Easter, a friend from Melbourne was up in Brisbane and we made plans to catch up. Of course, visitors get to choose the location! They are also vegan, and as regular readers of this blog will know Brisbane has a lot of options for a hungry vegan to choose from! Ultimately, they settled on Yavanna. I was keen, as I hadn't had a chance to get there on a weekend to try the breakfast menu. You can see my other visits to Yavanna here.

I had been to hot yoga that morning, so a cooling Turmeric Soy Latte seemed the best way to start.

Iced Turmeric Latte at Yavanna


I chose the Sesame Mushrooms on toast, which came with avocado and some smoked sesame cheese. This was really nice. Satisfying, without filling me up too much.

Sesame Mushrooms with Smoked Sesame Cheese at Yavanna


The ordered the Big Breakfast, which had mushrooms, scramble, toast, beans, tomatoes and spinach, potato gems, and they also added a side of smoked sesame cheese.

Big Breakfast with Smoked Sesame Cheese at Yavanna


We spent several hours chatting, and the day ended up being grey and rainy, so I ordered a soy hot chocolate to warm my hands and my tummy. Yes, they are some little marshmallows!

Hot Chocolate at Yavanna


Finally, we got some baked goods to take away. I got a jam doughnut and a pain au chocolat.

Pain au Chocolate and Jam Doughnut at Yavanna


Yavanna has released a new menu since then, with different breakfast options and ever more dinner and lunch options to try out.

Yavanna - 9/2 Latrobe Terrace, Paddington, QLD

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara


I'm getting another cute family portrait done of my and my three girls, which meant looking through photos to send to the artist for reference. Sahara was such a stunning, striking looking lady. I miss her a lot.

8 comments:

  1. The big breakfast is HUGE but sounds amazing! And hot chocolate! This is so many of my favorite things! It's too hot here now for cocoa but I can live vicariously. I prefer cooler weather; clearly I need to visit Australia in July sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly in Brisbane where I live it is hot for about 9 months of the year. Right now I am living for the cooler winter weather! My friends living further south in Australia are having things much colder.

      Delete
    2. I can relate; I am from a really hot climate, too, originally. I'm glad to have more variety now. I'm glad you get to have cocoa weather!

      Delete
  2. Sesame mushrooms on toast sounds amazing!
    I think the next time I try to make sesame cheese I'm going to add some liquid smoke to make it a little smokier!!
    Sahara really was a gorgeous girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get the smoked one. They actually smoke the sesame seeds themselves, which is fancy! But adding liquid smoke is a good option for people like us who do not have sesame seed smokers in our backyards. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!! It all looks so incredible! The big breakfast looks awesome, it has everything and the mushroom toast sounds so good too! The pastries look awesome too, I'm so jealous of everything! Sweet Sahara, what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I got something else, I do always appreciate the variety in a big breakfast. You often get to try a bit of most things that way.

      Delete
  4. The big breakfast looks like such a great variety, and the hot chocolate is so pretty!
    Beautiful Sahara! <3

    ReplyDelete