Friday 27 January 2017

A Melbourne croissant collection and Sahara update

When I got home from Melbourne, I did not come alone. I had a freezer bag full of frozen croissants to enjoy and work my way through. These are their stories.

First up, the chocolate croissant I got from Fatto a Mano. I am just going to say meh. The chocolate filling was too sweet, the croissant itself was only just OK. If I hadn't just had my mind blown by Smith & Deli croissants, it would probably have seemed better.

Chocolate Croissant from Fatto a Mano


By comparison, the chocolate croissant from Smith & Deli was delightful. Perfect croissant dough, with a nice dark chocolate filling. My only gripe is that I wish there had been just a bit more chocolate filling on the inside.

Chocolate Croissant from Smith & Deli


I brought my mum home and Almond Croissant from Smith & Deli, and she thought it was good as well. I'm not that into almond croissants, but my mum loves them.

Almond Croissant from Smith & Deli


And finally, the Pizza Croissant from Smith & Deli. Filled with some sort of meaty, tomato, cheesy, herby concoction rolled right into the dough before baking, this was delicious.

Pizza Croissant from Smith & Deli


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post: Sahara Update

Sleepy Sahara


Sahara had her first round of chemo on Wednesday. I was prepared to maybe have to nurse her through a few rough days after this, but so far she has been fine. She also got her stitches out, so no longer has to wear the collar, which is also making her happier. One week down, 26 weeks to go. There are a number of different drugs involved that she will rotate through, so we still need to take her reaction to each chemo on a week by week basis. Also, in week three she will have another ultrasound to make sure that the chemo is actually working, so we have that to get through as well. The important thing to keep focusing on right now is that she is well and happy in herself.

5 comments:

  1. I have never had a croissant as a vegan! The pizza croissant looks amazing!
    I'm so happy Sahara doesn't have to wear her collar anymore. I'm thinking of her always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Sahara is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, so awesome that Sahara seems to be dealing with the chemo well! And man, that pizza croissant. I NEED THAT. I honestly don't think I've had a legit dessert croissant since going vegan. Maybe ever. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that Sahara is handling the chemo well; she looks so snuggly & happy to have her collar off! :) The croissants look fantastic; I'd definitely go for the pizza one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad the first pictured chocolate croissant was just meh because it looks ah-mazing! It's funny because they one from Smith & Deli just looks ok. Looks can be deceiving.
    The pizza croissant I am very intrigued by.
    *hugs* to you and your poor kitty :(

    ReplyDelete