Monday 29 August 2016

Eating Out: Pu Kwong

A while ago I went with Amy to Pu Kwong for lunch, followed by stocking up on Tofurky, Gardein and Vegenaise at the local IGA supermarket near there. You can see my other Pu Kwong eating adventures here.

We shared some entrees, starting with my favourite steamed Bean Curd Rolls ($5). I just love these!

Bean Curd Rolls from Pu Kwong


And some Steamed BBQ Pork Buns ($6.90). Normally you only get three in a serve, but they kindly gave us four.

BBQ Pork Buns from Pu Kwong


Amy ordered the Stir-Fried Beef with Hofan Noodles ($12.90). I tried a bit and they were excellent! I wasn't the biggest fan of the mock beef texture, but the flavour on the noodles was so yummy!

Stir-Fried Beef with Hofan Noodles from Pu Kwong


It was a noodle kind of day. I ordered the Buddha's Special Hofan Noodle ($12.90). It was HUGE! Bigger than my head. It had green veggies, carrot and lots of mushrooms. I also thought it had tofu, but those tofu looking things were something else kind of chewy? It was good, but the sauce was a little bit oily and could have had a bit more flavour.

Buddha's Special Hofan Noodle from Pu Kwong


And, of course, some Stir-Fried Greens in Ginger Sauce ($10.90), because you should always have some greens!

Stir-Fried Greens in Ginger Sauce from Pu Kwong


Pu Kwong Vegetarian Restaurant - 2796 Logan Road, Underwood, Queensland - 07 3841 8999

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara's 15th birthday


Yesterday was Sahara's 15th birthday! I can't believe it. She is my youngest. But no matter what age they are, my girls are always my kittens and baby cats to me. <3

9 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Sahara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing! I've never had bean curd rolls before, but they look delicious!
    And Happy Birthday to beautiful Sahara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to order bean curd rolls when I see them.
      Sahara says thank you! She is indeed beautiful :D

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Sahara!! Also, those bean curd rolls sound insanely good! And I love mock beef stir-fries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they had a better mock beef, this one is just a bit meh. Other places use much nicer ones.

      Delete
  4. Awww Happy Birthday Sahara! 15? Impressive!
    That place looks great! I really like steamed buns, every time you post a picture of one, it gives me a raving for one ;) Too bad the Special Hofan Noodle was just ok as it looks the best to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 is but a bub! She is a kitten! ;)
      It looked amazing, and sounded amazing, they just need to fix the sauce!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I've never had a vegan steamed bun but I used to love them in my non-veg days. Wish I could find somewhere that did vegan ones. You always find such wonderful looking Chinese food. Happy birthday to Sahara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are blessed with quite a lot of Asian-style options around here. Steamed buns are plentiful!

      Delete