Here's what I think
- Maharajah's Choice Dahl Tadka: This will definitely come in hand as an emergency work lunch! With nearly 12 hour days, I always take some filling leftovers, but sometimes I run low on leftovers. This will fill in perfectly. Plus, dahl is great.
- Stripped Cacao Coconut Crisps: These sound like a fun snack! Don't be confused, remember it is just coconut fat I am sensitive to. Coconut without too much fat is just fine. And I like coconut and chocolate as a blend.
- The Vegg Baking Mix: At first I thought this was regular Vegg, and I have had some regular Vegg in my cupboard for ages that I am a bit iffy on (too much like what I remember actual yolk to be!). But this is the baking mix, which I am excited to try! Also a full-sized container, which is not cheap ($18.95 on the CFS website). I am looking forward to playing with this!
- Alpro Soy Cream: I've been meaning to get some of this to make some recipes from Keep It Vegan (by Aine Carlin), and also to see how it goes using it as a base for ice cream recipes calling for coconut cream (coconut cream = coconut fat = bad).
- Fino Citrus Gel: These are nice, fancy little jubes. I've had them before and I enjoy them.
- The Bridge Chocolate Dessert: Chocolate pudding cup! I love pudding. In the past I have had the Alpro brand, but am looking forward to trying a new one.
- Canterbury Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix: I LOVE these. They are rich and chocolatey and just perfect for a chilly day... so I have a few more months to wait before it will be cold enough for hot chocolate. They also make a chocolate almond one which is lovely.
- Australian Superfood Bar: I am really excited about this. I have been seeing these bars around lately, but at $4.95 per bar I have been a little hesitant. Here is one to try! I got the Lemon Myrtle & Finger Lime flavour. They have no coconut oil in them, which is a great!
- EcoToothbrush: This is pretty close to the regular toothbrush I use, a soft bristle biodegradable bamboo brush, so this saves me from having to go shopping the next time I need to switch brushes.
- Two vegan recipes: OK, this is a little cheeky to include as one of the items. But given that we got some pretty pricey full-sized products in the box, I will accept. There is a Blueberry Muffin Recipe using the Vegg Baking Mix, and a creamy mushroom pasta recipe for the soy cream.
I am having so much fun getting these boxes every month! It is definitely a highlight getting to sort through them and see all the goodies.
Cute Kitty Photo of the Post
The serious stare of Sahara. What is she contemplating?