Wednesday 15 November 2023

BrisVenture 2023: Day 1: The Green Edge, Sushi

Hello friends! Last week the magical happened, and I had three friends from the US come and stay with me! My friend Molly had come and stayed with me in 2017, but this time she brought my long time Seattle friend Helen with her, plus new friend Sharnette. Helen and I have known each other for just over ten years, ever since she slid into my DMs on my second visit to Seattle and we had dinner. I have since visited her there twice more, including staying with her during my final visit, but it has been EIGHT YEARS since we have seen each other, and for her to be here in my hometown was incredible! They arrived early Monday morning, and I picked them up from the airport. I also saw these two coming through customs.

Dinos at the airport


After initial pick up, it was home for them to all have a shower (it was a long flight, made longer by delays) and get situated. Then we headed out for some food and vegan shopping at The Green Edge (see my previous posts about The Green Edge here). We ordered a lot of food! And some very fun drinks. Including the Strawberries & Cream Frappe for Sharnette, colourful lattes (turmeric for me, matcha for Molly, beetroot for Helen) and Helen also got a Salted Caramel Milkshake.

Strawberries and Cream Frappe at The Green Edge


Turmeric, Matcha, and Beetroot Lattes at The Green Edge


Salted Caramel Milkshake at The Green Edge


Lunch started with some chips and some Buffalo cauliflower wings.

Fries and Buffalo Cauliflower Wings at The Green Edge


Helen was committed to trying Australian things while she was here, so she got the Origin Burger (it has beetroot, which makes it Australian), where as Molly and Sharnette for the VFC Four Piece Meal and the VFC Burger respectively. I had the Mac & Cheese with a side of turkish bread. Sharnette also got the Truffled Mac & Cheese to try and take home for later.

Origin Burger at The Green Edge


VFC Four Piece Meal at The Green Edge


VFC Burger at The Green Edge


Mac & Cheese at The Green Edge


Truffled Mac & Cheese at The Green Edge


After lunch, some shopping was done at The Green Edge for fun things. Then I took them to our two major supermarkets, Coles and Woolworths, so they could see and buy some of the vegan things we have available here. It was a pretty fun shopping trip!

After that we headed home for a very relaxed evening and early night. For dinner we ordered in some vegan sushi from a place called Sushi Too: Mini Tofu Rolls, Mini Avocado Rolls, Mini Pickle Rolls, Tofu and Vegetable Rolls, Inari, and Seaweed salad.

Vegan Sushi from Sushi Too


I am very excited to share our adventures and food with you from the week. Can't believe it is already over. At least I can relive the magic through blogging!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


One of the joys was introducing my girls to my friends! Eloise is pretty shy when you first meet her, and it took her a few days to fully warm up, but she was much admired. Obviously.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy you've had this time with your friends! I'll enjoy these posts of Qld eating and travel. It looks like you all share an interest in Fun Drinks. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun drinks are the best! I always get sad if I cannot get a fun drink.

      Delete
  2. That food looks delicious! I didn't realize beets had particular ties to Australia, so I'll have to go look that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how much beyond the burger, but beetroot and burgers are a thing here. Technically beetroot, pineapple, and an egg would make it very Australian.

      Delete