Sunday 13 August 2023

Recipe Round-Up: Cook The Pantry

In a sudden burst of blogging energy, I'm finishing my round-up of things I have made from Cook The Pantry by Robin Robertson today. Find other posts about this book here.

Kitchen-Sink Capellini: Angelhair pasta is not something I eat often, but every time I eat it I just love it! This is a very fast recipe with tinned and sundried tomatoes, artichokes, olives, spinach, and olives. I also added some green peas or extra.
Rating: :)

Kitchen-Sink Capellini


Artichoke-Cannelini Linguine: This kind of gives me picatta vibes, with capers and white wine and butter and lemon juice. It is easy to make, though I got three serves rather than four. The recipe has forgotten to say when to add the lemon juice, so I added it in the last minute of cooking.
Rating: :)

Artichoke-Cannelini Linguine


Rotini with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce and Walnuts: I used a hard-to get tin of pumpkin for this recipe. The pumpkin sauce initially is very liquidy, but it thickens when the pasta is added. I also added some white beans and peas, and I used toasted almonds instead of walnuts.
Rating: :)

Rotini with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce and Pecans


Pasta Marinara: This is very quick to make, and relies mostly on crushed tomatoes with some red wine and seasonings, but I found the sauce was a bit bland and needed some adjustments. As well as the pasta, I added some kidney beans and peas.
Rating: :|

Pasta Marinara


Manchurian Black Bean Noodles: This recipe calls for black bean linguine, which I didn't have but I did have some black bean spaghetti. I don't remember the brand, but this was actually a nice bean-based pasta. The Manchurian-style sauce was nice, though I did find it got sucked unto the pasta pretty quickly, so I'd double it next time.
Rating: :)

Manchurian Black Bean Noodles


Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce: You know I made this into Noodles with Peanut Sauce, no spicy. The peanut sauce was still lovely without the spice, and was freat on the noodles along with broccoli, peas, and tofu. Once again though, it ended up a bit dry because the noodles sucked up all the sauce. Double to sauce. I like things saucy.
Rating: :)

Noodles with Peanut Sauce


Spaghetti Lo-Mein: This is turning into a pasta post! Once again I wanted more sauce for this, but the flavour was good. I used Japanese marinated tofu instead of soy curls, and peas instead of capsicum.
Rating: :)

Spaghetti Lo-Mein


Stovetop Peach-Blueberry Crumble: Finishing the post off with a couple of desserts. I made a half-recipe of this, which was really easy to make. I used frozen peaches and blueberries, but ended up needing to make it a blueberry peach-crumble because although my bag of frozen peaches said it had 300g in it, it ended up being about 100g, so I switched quantities. I cooked this on a stove in a mini-frying pan, and it was a quick and fun Sunday afternoon project.
Rating: :)

Stovetop Peach-Blueberry Crumble


Fudgy Brownie Mug: As you can see, I actually made it in a little bowl. This is a microwave recipe, and I don't know how to take good photos of microwave cake mugs. This was very quick and tasted good, though my microwave is high powered so I think I over cooked it a little.
Rating: :)

Fudgy Brownie Mug


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle and Eloise


This happened a couple of nights ago! Mirabelle snuck in next to Eloise, who was sleepy enough not to try and bop her. Very exciting!!! It has not happened since.



5 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a delish looking roundup! I agree on angel hair paste. I forget about it until I have it and then wonder why I don't eat it more often. Hope the wrap up of PhD is going well and you are feeling fine and healthy - Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The PhD wrap up is going much better than I originally thought, since I found out I don't need to do the oral exam! I don't care how many revisions they ask me to do on the written thesis, no oral exam!!!

      Delete
  2. So many lovely noodles! I know what you mean about sauces. I always need more.

    ReplyDelete