Wednesday 2 August 2023

Midweek Munchies

Hello, it is the midweek, which means it is time for munchies.

I Should Souvlaki is a Sydney-based vegan souvlaki shop, and a while ago they did a special delivery to Queensland. You could choose from a number of different proteins, pita bread, and tzatziki. I picked out a few of the proteins and the some of the pita breads. This is the first one I made, which was their smoked pork-style meat. I made my own tzatziki using plain soy yoghurt, cucumber, garlic powder, lemon juice, and dill. The pork came vaccuum packed in a marinade, so neeed to be drained and blotted a bit before use, but was very nice.

I Should Souvlaki Pork Souvlaki


These Teriyaki Green Peas were indeed a crispy and delicious snack, though they were a bit tricky to eat as they were so small. I ended up eating them with a spoon rather than pick up each individual little pea. Yes, I know I could have just poured them into my hand and had a handful, but I was at work doing word games on my phone, so I needed to keep my hands fairly clean.

Teriyaki Green Pea Snacks


Plantitude came out with a new range of vegan sliced deli meats. Their salami is OK... it is a bit dry and very peppery. Better in a a salami and cheese toasty than on its own.

Plantitude Salami Slices


RIP Mojo, my favourite kombucha brand. Thank you for not having stevia, and being available in supermarkets. This was one of their last product lines, smaller bottles of the peachy and berry kombuchas. They were both really nice, but the peach was the best. I wish they hadn't stopped making this brand. I miss them.

Mojo


The Plantitude smoked ham. I was really excited for these, hoping they would be similar to the tofurky smoked ham slices, but they are dry and kind of flavourless. Would not buy again.

Plantitude Smoked Ham Slices


Some vegan turrons that my brother brough me from Spain when he was here last year. One was whole almonds in a sticky syrup, and one was more like a marzipan-style. They were both really good.

Festive sweets


Another I Should Souvlaki creation, this time using their mushroom lamb!

I Should Souvlaki Mushroom Lamb


Finally, these Drizzled BBQ Potato Chips. Sounds incredible, right? Not so right. The chips were flavourless except for the drizzled BBQ sauce, which wasn't enough, and also made the chips kind of chewy not crispy. Good idea, but the execution just doesn't quite work.

Drizzled potato chips


What have you been munching on lately?

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle


Mirabelle, contemplating.



4 comments:

  1. I think it's clever to eat your snacks with a spoon! Do what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite fun having a spoonful of crunchy snacks.

      Delete
  2. The souvlaki kits sound so yummy. Good find. And oh my goodness the BBQ potato chips - just no! - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those chips were such an epic fail. I don't know how they made it through product testing.

      Delete