Tuesday 29 September 2020

Eating In: Vietnamese

I love Vietnamese food, it is often nice and fresh and can easily have vegan options. Whether restaurants choose to is another matter, but I have been exploring through some of the options that deliver to me.

Bun is my favourite Vietnamese place, and a place I have ordered from often. It has appeared on the blog several times. Most recently, I ordered a serve of their Tofu rice paper rolls and their Avocado rice paper rolls. I ordered these for dinner on the day of my surgery, when I wasn't really feeling that hungry. In the colder months, their Vegan Pho is also a firm favourite of mine.

Rice Paper Rolls from Bun


Vegan Pho from Bun


A newer discovery was Pho Hung Vietnamese. They do not have as many of the lovely fresh vegan options that Bun has, but they have a few. The first time I got some tofu rice paper rolls... which were HUGE! And they were nice. And I also got some Ho Fun Noodles with Tofu and Veggies, which had a great amount of tofu and veggies but were unfortunately just extremely oily. My mum also got a noodle stir-fry from them and hers was also just so oily. The next time we ordered I got the Tofu Bun (vermicelli salad), which was much better and had an extremely generous and filling amount of tofu on top!

Ho Fun with Veggies and Tofu and Tofu Rice Paper Rolls from Pho Hung Vietnamese


Tofu Bun from Pho Hung Vietnamese


The most recent place we tried was Crackling Viet Home. They do have a tofu and avocado bun I want to try, but this particular night I was feeling my basic vegan cravings of tofu and veggies and rice. So I got their stir-fried tofu and veggies and rice. It came with an absurd amount of rice, I only ate half of it and the rest of the rice is in the freezer for future rice uses. When you look at it here, it looks like there are hardly any veggies and tofu, but that little portion of the container held a lot and it was a nice dinner.

Tofu and Veggies with Rice from Crackling Viet Home


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim's feets


I love Dim Sim's feetsies, and I know you do too. Such delicate and velvety little paws.

8 comments:

  1. I do love her feetsies!

    Vietnamese food is great! I used to go out with friends to get Vietnamese food when I lived in Texas. Unfortunately, there isn't anywhere to get it here, so I would have to make it myself--then again, I'm home cooking all my own food, so what else is new? I should whip up some pho soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to make a really good proper pho broth. Though I kind of missed the best chance to make it during winter. But I can always crank the aircon for some summer-type soup I guess!

      Delete
  2. I love Vietnamese food too! It's so fresh and light and just makes my mouth so happy!!
    I LOVE Dim Sim's feetsies!! My Etta has velvety feetsies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dim Sim's feetsies are the best. And all of that Vietnamese food looks amazing! I'm lucky to live in an area of Memphis that's also called Little Vietnam, so we have 5-6 awesome Vietnamese places (including a grocery) within a few blocks of my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is awesome! I live in an area with a lot of Chinese and Korean people, so we have a lot of restaurants, though sadly not that many vegan options. But we do have about ten Asian grocery stores in a five minute drive radius, which is AWESOME!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lot of good food!
    Dim Sim has such precious paws!

    ReplyDelete