Tuesday 1 September 2020

Eating In: Stir-fries, noodles, bentos, salads, burgers

Another exciting edition of Eating In!

I had posted before about visiting a new mostly vegan Chinese restaurant near me called Yuan Yuan, and for a brief wonderful moment during the strictest COVID restrictions they offered delivery. I only got to partake of it once before they stopped it and opened back up for dine in again. Take away is still available, but nothing beats having food delivered. I of course got Tofu and Mushrooms in Veggie Oyster Sauce, because I am me. It was delicious. My dad got Black Bean Beef, and my mum Eggpland in Soybean Sauce. I really look forward to going back to this place once things feel a bit safer.

Black Bean Beef, Eggplant in Soybean Sauce, and Tofu and Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce from Yuan Yuan


Another takeaway from Michael's Oriental was the vegan Hokkien Noodles. These were pretty nice, probably my favourite things from here. Though they are a bit oily, and I wish they had the option to add in some tofu!

Hokkien Noodles from Michaels


We ordered from Kuan Yin Home Delivery again. This time, as well as the dumplings, I ordered some duck pancakes. And was surprised and horrified to find they were full of something very spicy. How? Why? Thank goodness I had dumplings, and also a lovely BBQ Gluten Bento Box.

Duck Pancakes from Kuan Yin Home Delivery


Dumplings and Duck Pancakes from Kuan Yin Home Delivery


BBQ Gluten Bento from Kuan Yin Home Delivery


One of my favourite places to order from is Bun Vietnamese Street Food. They have some lovely, fresh vegan options. Their Lemongrass Rice Tofu Bowl is so tasty, alongside some tofu rice paper rolls.

Lemengrass Tofu Rice Bowl and Rice Paper Rolls from Bun


Excitingly, Grill'd has finally joined delivery sites! I was very excited, and I ordered the Vegan Garden Burger, a veggie patty with avocado, vegan cheese, vegan mayo, avocado, lettuce, and tomato. Hold the onion, and add on pineapple and pickles. With a side of their best ever chips and some tomato relish. The only downside is that by the time it arrived, it was pretty cold.

Vegan Garden Burger with Pineapple and Pickles; Chips; from Grill'd


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim in the Cat Max


Enjoying some time in the CatMax.

6 comments:

  1. Too bad your burger and fries were cold, because they look AMAZING! A tip: You can warm the burger patty and the fries in the toaster oven to perk them up next time.

    The duck pancakes remind me that I was planning to make that recipe you sent me, and haven't worked up the courage yet to face my vegan duck-in-a-can. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duck in a can is a confronting thing, even when you have a plan for it! Good thing it lasts forever, so it will be ready when you are.

      Delete
  2. It all looks so good! I just want to follow you around and say, I'll have what she's having, but make mine spicy!!
    Sunbathing beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a bottle of sriracha in our fridge, so you can spice up anything that arrives! Or just order the spicy stuff, whatever floats your spicy boat.

      Delete
  3. All your eating-in meals sound wonderful! The Hokkien Noodles look good, but I agree, everything is better with tofu added in!
    Dim Sim, you look like quite the little explorer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tofu for life!
      I am so glad we have the catmax for her to go 'out' in. I will also take her out on her harness but she hasn't asked for that for a while.

      Delete