Wednesday 10 July 2024

UK/Spain 2024 Part 4: Meeting the Sheepies!

Hi friends! Long time no blog. I have been busy working on my thesis revisions, which I have just submitted today. So fingers crossed they are happy with my changes and I can get my PhD signed off on!

Back to Scotland hours! After Endiburgh we drove the two hours to Jojo's place, stopping off at a Tesco on the way for supplies. Jojo's place is BEAUTIFUL! Not so many food photos in this post, but look at how pretty! I adored the daffodils growing everywhere.

Jojo's Place


Jojo's Place


2024-04-17 20.22.08


Jojo's Place


2024-04-17 20.24.39


Jojo's Place


Jojo's Place


And of course, THE SHEEP! I loved visiting with them. Look at these cuties.

Sheepies


Sheepies


Sheepies


Sheepies


Sheepies


It had been a long day, starting in Edinburgh and then the drive out to Jojo's. After visiting with the sheep, we were looking for something easy for dinner. So we put together a lovely tray of Girl Dinner(TM). It included three different vegan cheeses (all coconut oil free), olive bread, foccacia, salted vegan butter, olives, and grapes. A perfect little snacky end to the day! All the cheeses were lovely, and I am very sad that I can't get anything like that here.

Girl Dinner


Girl Dinner


I also had some of this lovely Oolong kombucha!

Girl Dinner


I'm hoping to get back into more regular posting now that PhD is over, though I still have a lot of other less fun things going on. I hope you won't mind if some of these posts are more landscape heavy, but I promise there is still a lot of delicious food to come!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Peps


Jojo wasn't the only one graciously letting me stay, I was also the guest of Peps, Jojo's cat!



10 comments:

  1. Hiiiiiiii! Long time no see!! First, congrats on getting to this step for your PhD! It's so close I bet you can taste it, what a huge accomplishment! What a fun trip to Scotland! The landscape is lovely and the sheep are absolutely precious. Girl dinner sounds amazing and looks beautiful. So excited to see more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah! Hello!!!!!!! I am desperately hoping that this is the last step of the PhD process, it has been so long. Please let it end! I am definitely looking forward to sharing lots more of my trip. I hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. Great to see you back here! Good on you for getting those revisions in. I love the landscape shots and the sheep are just charming.

    BTW, I went to Izakaya Midori last weekend, thanks to your many posts about it! I'll get my own up in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo congrats on turning the PhD updates. I hope you hear back soon Doctor! Will you use the degree for career advancement? Scotland looks absolutely lovely. I am sorry to hear that you are still dealing with some non fun things. Hopefully with the stress of your studies being over - things will smooth out. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No career advancement from the PhD. I literally did it for the lolz. There is something deeply wrong with me. 😂

      Delete
    2. Wow I really admire you doing a PhD for fun!!!! I think it’s very cool. - Sri.

      Delete
    3. Fun is maybe not quite the word I'd use to describe it. 😂 But I come from a very academic family and I'd also done a bonus research year in my undergrad, so it just seemed like the thing to do. It was helpful to the field, at least!

      Delete
  4. Good luck on your thesis! That is an impressive array of cheeses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very much just in the waiting phase now. Meant to find out within the next two weeks but we all know how long university things can take.

      Delete