Wednesday 10 August 2022

Midweek Munchies

It's a Wednesday, so it is time to reflect on some munchies.

I had tried the Leftfield Provisions Brie from Coles earlier in the year, so was keen to try the Camembert. I regret to inform you that this one was not great. It was quite dry and hard and the flavour was just... meh. I will stick to the Brie.

Leftfield Camembert


Veef came out with some premade meatballs in sauce, which I used to make a very quick dinner with spaghetti and Follow Your Heart parmesan. I realised after I bought it that the tomato sauce has coconut cream in it, sigh, but thankfully it was not enough to make it taste coconutty or to make me feel sick. The meatballs themselves were fine.

Veef Meetballs


I made this Pan-Fried Teriyaki Tofu Bowl from Just One Cookbook, a Japanese recipe blog, and it was lovely. Look at the glaze on that tofu! I was doing this as a very pantry friendly meal, so I served it over some rice and some steamed frozen green vegetables.

Pan-Fried Teriyaki Tofu Bowl from Just One Cookbook Blog


Alas, Sunrice no longer makes their incredible Smokehouse BBQ chips, and instead make these Smokey BBQ, Tomato, and Herb. The good new is they are still delicious, though not quite as delicious as the original. But I am very happy to eat them.

Chips


Earth has come out with a few new frozen meals lately, so I tried this Satay one after assessing that it was not full of coconut or chilli. It was fine... it uses sunflower butter to make it peanut free. But my heart and my brain and my tastebuds were crying out for a peanut sauce.

Earth Satay Chicken


After trying some incredible brownie hummus from Aldi over Christmas, I found this in Coles. It is nice, but not as good as that Aldi stuff (which was limited edition, I hope they bring it back again). Good for dipping apple slices in or smearing on toast.

Obela Chocolate Hummus


Cute Kitty Photos of the Post

Dim Sim and Gizmo


Please enjoy a random throwback photo of Dim Sim and Gizmo actually close to each other enjoying the sunroon.

3 comments:

  1. What a pity about the camembert! I would have had high hopes for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very handsome teriyaki glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really great finds, here! Nice! LOVE the window kitty pic, too!

    ReplyDelete