Wednesday 26 January 2022

Midweek Munchies

I'm tired. How are you all hanging in there?

I am not a huge spring rolls fan, I can't tolerate stuff that is too oily. But I still bought these Coles Nature's Kitchen Spring Rolls because they were half price and why not. They were okay! Nice flavours. I think if you weren't me, these would be very enjoyable spring rolls! Served with my favourite plum sauce.

Nature's Kitchen Spring Rolls


A new to meal frozen supermarket meal. I guess these meals are meant to be for athletes? Nice of them to have a vegan one. It was nice, a good bolognese sauce. And I do enjoy wholewheat pasta every now and then. I served it over some baby spinach.

Coles Vegan Lentil Bolognese Meal


I was excited to try these Smoked Tofu Tortellini! I went simple, pairing it with one of my favourite easy stir-through pasta sauces. And I also added some FYH parmesan, peas, and baby spinach to the finished product. Unfortunately, these tortellini were hugely underwhelming. The filling was just so bland.

Smoked Tofu Tortellini


Smoked Tofu Tortellini


Love a delicious sounding fun drink! And this one was really lovely. I always prefer kefir to kombucha, but it is harder to find. I loved this rosella flavour.

Rosella Kefir


I was suspicious that this dried drangonfruit would just taste like nothing and be full of seeds. I was half right, it was full of seeds! But the seeds gave it this delicious tahini-like flavour, with a sweet subtle flavour of the flesh. I really liked it, and I would definitely buy it again!

Dried Dragonfruit


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


Abby being very gorgeous and showing that while she is a stocky solid little cat, she can have long legs if she wants! Well, with the right perspective.

4 comments:

  1. I was a little off last week and have a lot of catching up to do on your blog and others. I love seeing the products you find there. I'm a bit envious...I can't seem to find them in my rural area...but..I'm sure happy that you can find them there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certainly more and more options here. Do you have a big grocery store with options where you live?

      Delete
  2. Yes, I am also tired!

    Well done on finding an easier way to try oven-baked spring rolls at home. :) We tried that pasta recently too and I completely agree - bland, underwhelming. I am going to keep an eye out for dried dragonfruit! I recently bought some dried watermelon for the first time - the rinds and seeds are part of the deal, and they're very sweet (in a way that I enjoy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to keep an eye out for dried watermelon! I have been enjoying different types of dried fruit lately. Pineapple and peaches remain my favourite.

      Delete