Sunday 25 July 2021

Recipe Round-Up: 1000 Vegan Recipes

While I work on the energy to post my next proper round-up, let's dip into a mini round-up from the never ending backlog of recipes I have from 1000 Vegan Recipes. See my other posts about this book here.

Baked Pasta Shells and Broccoli: You need to make a mornay-style cheese sauce ahead of time, but then this is pretty simple to put together. I doubled the broccoli and used the entire sauce amount of 4 cups (rather than just 3 cups as the recipe calls for).
Rating: :)

Baked Pasta Shells and Broccoli


Wild West Pasta Bake: This is a mix pinto beans, salsa, spices, and tomatoes. Half is mixed through pasta (I used 250g rather than one pound), and the other half is pureed to pour on top of the bake. Topped with some chopped pepitas.
Rating: :)

Wild West Pasta Bake


Wild West Pasta Bake


Szechuan Sesame Noodles with Asparagus: This has a lovely sauce made from sesame paste, soy sauce, and black vinegar (which I love), and you can add some chili paste to your liking. I used 250g of linguine rather than 12oz, and served with some baked tofu to round it out.
Rating: :)

Szechuan Sesame Noodles with Asparagus


Spicy Sesame Noodles with Green Beans: A lot of spicy here, but you can adjust or remove to your liking. This recipe should have had green beans and capiscum, but I used green beans, broccoli, and carrot. Served with baked tofu as above, which is a lovely way to round-out this sort of meal.
Rating: :)

Spicy Sesame Noodles with Green Beans; Soy-Glazed Tofu


(% 1000 Vegan Recipes blogged: 31.5%)

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, noodles...

    The baked shells with broccoli looks the best to me! I can't believe you've blogged through 315 of the 1000 recipes so far--you're so dedicated to these cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is, I haven't cooked much from this book for years. These are just all very old recipes I haven't blogged about yet. I think I have about 80 still to post. So at some point I will need to get cooking from it again to keep getting that percentage higher!

      There is a whole blog dedicated to cooking through just this book! Though due to life changes, the author sadly had to stop blogging at a bit over halfway.

      Delete