Monday 20 March 2017

Cruelty Free Shop March 2017 Vegan Mystery Box

It is pretty hard to come back to blogging about regular things after everything that has happened. I just want to thank everyone for all their kind words, and all the support you gave during Sahara's illness. It is still surreal that she is gone, and I wish that time would just stop for a while. But it keeps on going and dragging me along with it.

I guess a post about the latest Cruelty Free Shop Vegan Mystery Box is a gentle way to ease back into a bit of blogging.

March CFS Mystery Box


  • Veggie Street Onion Lard: This product intrigues and baffles me. Miraculously it is not based on coconut oil, so it is something I can eat. Apparently it is traditionally served as a spread for bread in pubs, but you can also use it for cooking, baking and frying. They have included a recipe for Hungarian Goulash that uses it. The first time I have been glad for a recipe inclusion!
  • Cleo's White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: I am adamantly opposed to white chocolate. They shouldn't even be allowed to call it chocolate. Someone will be getting a gift!
  • Protes Spicy Chilli Lime Chips: I was nervous that these would be too spicy for me, so I shared them with my mum. They are not spicy, in fact they have almost no taste except the overwhelming bitterness of the pea protein in them. Gross, would not recommend.
  • Rebel Kitchen Chai Coconut Milk: Happily, I can drink this milk without any coconut fat fall out. This is good, because it is good stuff! I have tried the chai before, and it is not bad. I prefer the chocolate or the kid-sized choc/orange and choc/banana flavours.
  • Chocolate Yogi Happy Thoughts Chocolate: Apparently this tastes like milk chocolate, so we shall see. Everyone knows I like my chocolate dark, bitter and angry with the world.
  • Maharaja's Choice Punjabi Chole: Unfortunately this is designated as hot. And having tried one of their mild-medium varieties, I have given this to my dad who can tolerate more heat than I can.
  • Dr Superfoods Super Blueberries: These were OK, though the blueberries were kind of lost in the chocolate coating.
  • Orgran Apple & Cinnamon Filled Biscuits: These are pretty sweet, but have been a good afternoon pick me up at work!
  • Clif Bar Choc Almond Fudge: My favourite flavour of Cliff Bar is just the straight up Peanut Butter. I suspect this will be quite sweet and rich, though my mother is very curious to try it.
  • Gin Gin's Chewy Ginger Candy: I do like having a ginger chew on hand for emergency sugar lows or nauseous tummies, so this is in my handbag ready to be called upon.


Overall, I was a bit meh on the contents of the box this month. Which is largely to do with my own personal preferences for things.

Though honestly, who could think those Protes chips tasted good? They were so foul. Has anyone else tried them? Yick

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Dim Sim is an only cat now. This makes her very content. At least someone can be, I guess.

7 comments:

  1. Onion lard sounds extremely weird. The word lard is just gross to me, vegan or not!
    I've been thinking of you, and haven't wanted to overwhelm you with constant how are you doings, because I know that can be such an annoying question when you're mourning. The answer is obvious.
    I'm glad that Dim Sim is at least happy! She's very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lard never sounds appealing.
      Dim Sim is so beautiful!
      Thank you for your thoughts. <3

      Delete
  2. How random about the onion lard; good thing you got a recipe for it! The apple & cinnamon biscuits sound the best to me! :) Hopefully the next box you get will be more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't fault the box too much, this one just wasn't to my tastes. I have been enjoying those biscuits at least!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry :( It will take awhile to feel not utterably and completely sad. Be gentle with yourself. *hugs*
    The lard sounds weird. Those chips do sound pretty gross. But I have to disagree with your thoughts on white chocolate - I'm super curious to try those Cleo's chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could easily give them to you!

      Delete
  4. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.


    Emily

    ReplyDelete