I guess a post about the latest Cruelty Free Shop Vegan Mystery Box is a gentle way to ease back into a bit of blogging.
- Veggie Street Onion Lard: This product intrigues and baffles me. Miraculously it is not based on coconut oil, so it is something I can eat. Apparently it is traditionally served as a spread for bread in pubs, but you can also use it for cooking, baking and frying. They have included a recipe for Hungarian Goulash that uses it. The first time I have been glad for a recipe inclusion!
- Cleo's White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: I am adamantly opposed to white chocolate. They shouldn't even be allowed to call it chocolate. Someone will be getting a gift!
- Protes Spicy Chilli Lime Chips: I was nervous that these would be too spicy for me, so I shared them with my mum. They are not spicy, in fact they have almost no taste except the overwhelming bitterness of the pea protein in them. Gross, would not recommend.
- Rebel Kitchen Chai Coconut Milk: Happily, I can drink this milk without any coconut fat fall out. This is good, because it is good stuff! I have tried the chai before, and it is not bad. I prefer the chocolate or the kid-sized choc/orange and choc/banana flavours.
- Chocolate Yogi Happy Thoughts Chocolate: Apparently this tastes like milk chocolate, so we shall see. Everyone knows I like my chocolate dark, bitter and angry with the world.
- Maharaja's Choice Punjabi Chole: Unfortunately this is designated as hot. And having tried one of their mild-medium varieties, I have given this to my dad who can tolerate more heat than I can.
- Dr Superfoods Super Blueberries: These were OK, though the blueberries were kind of lost in the chocolate coating.
- Orgran Apple & Cinnamon Filled Biscuits: These are pretty sweet, but have been a good afternoon pick me up at work!
- Clif Bar Choc Almond Fudge: My favourite flavour of Cliff Bar is just the straight up Peanut Butter. I suspect this will be quite sweet and rich, though my mother is very curious to try it.
- Gin Gin's Chewy Ginger Candy: I do like having a ginger chew on hand for emergency sugar lows or nauseous tummies, so this is in my handbag ready to be called upon.
Overall, I was a bit meh on the contents of the box this month. Which is largely to do with my own personal preferences for things.
Though honestly, who could think those Protes chips tasted good? They were so foul. Has anyone else tried them? Yick
Cute Kitty Photo of the Post
Dim Sim is an only cat now. This makes her very content. At least someone can be, I guess.