Wednesday 1 February 2023

Midweek Munchies

Some midweek munchies!

I found this new brand of vegan burger, NotBurger, in Woolworths. It was nice that you could just buy it as an individual patty. Also that was good because this was not a good burger, so I was glad to not have to eat anymore! Just kind of flavourless and a weird texture. No thank you!

NotBurger


NotBurger


Another miss, this Immunity Pumpkin and Turmeric soup was very average, and had a strange metallic tang to it. Even though it comes out of a plastic bottle! They say on the bottle you can drink it cold or room temperature as a snack on the go! Of course I had to try a sip and I can confirm, just because you CAN does not mean you SHOULD! Even hot it was still meh.

Soup


Here's some happier munchies! These new V2 British Style sausages were great! I really love this brand, their sausages, mince, and burgers are all great. I had some cream cheese I needed to use up as well, so I served these with some Garlic, Chive, and Cream Cheese Mash from Ravens and Wolves.

V2 Classic British Sausages


V2 Classic British Sausages with Garlic Chive Cream Cheese Mash (from Ravens and Wolves Blog)


Some new vegan lollies! I very much enjoy this berry mix.

Berry Salad Lollies


Tried the Minor Figures Matcha Latte, which was fine but a bit watery. Had a good matcha flavour at least!

Minor Figures Oat Matcha


I love salt and vinegar flavour, and these mini-bite Shapes were pretty good! They are a cracker, not a chip, so they have a bit more body to them. But I still wish the flavour was stronger.

Mini Salt and Vinegar Shapes


Finally, one of the most important vegan developments in history! As an Australian kid growing up, Golden Gaytime was always my favourite iceblock! A vanilla ice cream core, surrounded by toffee ice cream, coated and chocolate, and covered in biscuit pieces. It was just the very best, and something I have actively pined for since going vegan. Friends, at the end of last year THEY CAME OUT WITH A VEGAN GOLDEN GAYTIME! AVAILABLE IN SUPERMARKETS! NOT A LIMITED RUN! And let me tell you, it is EVERYTHING. It does not disappoint. It is SO GOOD! I could cry. But instead I will just eat another one.

Golden Gaytime


Golden Gaytime


Golden Gaytime


Now, if someone could just make me a vegan Chomp bar, thanks.

Do you have any pre-vegan favourites that you are holding a flame for?

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Please enjoy this photo close-up of Eloise's glorious white armpit hair!

4 comments:

  1. That ice cream bar looks heavenly! What's a Chomp bar? Isn't it awesome to enjoy a much-missed food from your youth again? I'd love to have a creamsicle again (a bar with vanilla ice cream with an outside orangey coating) or a strawberry shortcake (a bar with vanilla and strawberry ice cream rolled in strawberry flavored crunchies). It's been so long since I've had either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chomp is a thin chocolate bar that is caramel and a crispy wafer, covered in chocolate. They also made a strawberry version that was the best. It might sound like some other bars, but it has a very specific texture and flavour that I loved.

      Delete
  2. Hmm...holding a flame for pre-vegan favorites, really only hard boiled eggs! But I will confess that I have been extremely curious about the Hershey's Gold bar. Even when I wasn't vegan I tended to avoid Hershey's due to concerns related to enslavement of people in cocoa production, but all the same, I really want to know what it is like. And maybe it's terrible but it sounds delicious. But there are plenty of good things in the world, and I need not pine for that which harms my fellow creatures, so I generally don't think about it.

    That said, I'm so excited you had a good ice cream bar that was the stuff of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't eat the vegan kitkat when it was briefly available here because of it being owned by Nestle. Thankfully there is still an abundance of options for us! But there is something very special about being able to scratch that nostalgia itch.

      Delete