Wednesday 27 October 2021

Midweek Munchies

After all this time with all this backlog, I am starting to catch up to all my munchies! Shocking! At the moment I've only got enough left to share for a few more posts! But don't worry, I am committed to continue on munching, so I can continue sharing these posts. It's a burden, but one I accept.

Everyone wants to make a nugget. These Earth Chicken Crumbed Bites were a recent one I tried, which I got from the freezer section in Woolworths. They are adequate, a good vehicle for sauce. Still not as good as the Fry's green box ones.

Earth Chickenless Crumbed Bites


FOLLOW YOUR HEART IS BACK BABY! Oh yeah! When I was just about to leave The Green Edge after eating there in my last post, my friend who works there grabbed me to let me know they were just unloading a fresh shipment of Follow Your Heart. It has been unavailable for ages, and it is the best mayo and the best grated cheese! She scavenged through the boxes to find me this little haul, and I have since been back to get some cheddar shreds as well. Hurrah!

Follow Your Heart is back!


I saw a couple of people posting about salad sandwiches on Instagram, which gave me a craving. There is something great about a nice salad sandwich. I made one with Tofutti Cream Cheese, baby spinach, carrot, tomato, cucumber, and avocado. On some soft light rye bread. So good!

Salad Sandwich with Tofutti Cream Cheese


I thought pear and cinnamon chocolate would be nice. And it would have been, if it had tasted like pear or cinnamon. Instead it tasted vaguely like banana, and the chocolate wasn't that great either.

Pear and Cinnamon Chocolate


Vegan Pumpkin and Ricotta Canneloni! Even with gluten free pasta, this was pretty nice. It is quite expensive though, so not something I'd buy very often. I served it with some bady spinach and FYH parmesan.

Vegan Pumpkin Ricotta Canneloni


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

I was getting some stuff out of the back of the cupboard the other day, and left the door open. Turned around and I guess Boo thought she migh have a look and help herself!

Boo in the cupboard


8 comments:

  1. Midweek Munchies! I used to LOVE posting about those! You have some really nice finds here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You inspired this continuing feature on my blog! It is such a fun way to talk about a random colletion of things.

      Delete
  2. Yes, what is up with all the nuggets? It's like the only thing some companies can think to do. There are 5-6 varieties of nuggets in the local stores (each store--and sometimes there is not much overlap in brands, either!) and yet now I can't find some of my favorite non-nugget things because nuggets have crowded them out. I don't think we need so many nuggets, but like you I keep trying new ones for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuggets and burgers. Burgers and nuggets. Cool cool guys, but please let us have some things as well that are not burgers and nuggets!

      Delete
  3. I think I tried to comment on this last week but it may have ate my comment. I remember posting Mid Week Munchies! That was FUN! Looks like you found some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, I just hadn't been in to approve comments for this post yet. I had to turn on post approval a while ago because I was getting so many spam comments! So annoying.

      Delete
  4. We had the 'earth' brand schnitzels for dinner this week - I completely agree that they are pleasant, but not rivaling my favourite mock chicken. I also like your style with adding cream cheese to a salad sandwich, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some Tofutti that I needed to use up, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

      Delete