Wednesday 6 October 2021

Midweek Munchies

More midweek, more munchies!

I picked up these chicken pieces on sale to try. They were not bad. I wouldn't pay full price, but if I saw them at a discount I would use them again. I used these to make an orange chicken stir-fry from one of my recipe books (the review to come) instead of using homemade seitan. Love a ready made protein!

Naturli Chicken Free


Naturli Chicken Free


I saw these available in Woolworths, which is exciting! I love a vegetable/mushroom/tofu gyoza, but these look like they will be a fun option as well. The BBQ Pork one has chilli in it, but the Teriyaki Beef one doesn't. I did buy some of the teriyaki ones, so will report on those once I eat them.

New Gyoza in Woolworths


I bought these to serve along side some soup. They are pre-sliced, so you can just heat up as many as you need rather than having to heat up a whole loaf. They were a little bland though.

Herb slices


Herb slices


I had a bunch of veggies in the fridge that needed using up, so I roasted them all up and made a roast veggie bowl for lunch. This had baby spinach underneath, and was topped with a hefty follop of hummus and a drizzle of BBQ sauce. I have always loved the combination of hummus and BBQ sauce.

Roasted veggies, hummus, BBQ sauce


Tried this chocolate that I had bought a while ago. The chocolate itself wasn't the best, but it was salvaged by the lovely tangy raspberry pieces.

Raspberry Chocolate


After hearing everyone raving about the Coles Nature's Kitchen Chicken-Style Nuggets, I got some for myself. At half price, no less. Love a bargain! I am glad it was half price, because they were fairly meh. They had a weird oily texture. Fry's green box nuggets are still my number one!

Nature's Kitchen Chicken Nuggets


Finally, I bought this Botanical Bacon on-line, and was excited about carrot bacon. It was not great. I realised once I got it that the ingredients included coconut oil. But also flavour wise there was nothing bacon about it. It just tasted like chewy oily maple scented something.

Maple Syrup Botanical Bacon


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


Boo being a prawn. You can just peep her little shaved tummy.

4 comments:

  1. Those Gyoza look interesting. Your posts make me hungry. You always find things I'd like to try. How is Abby reacting to Boo being unwell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby loved it when Boo wasn't around. Unfortunately their relationship continues to go terribly now that Boo is out and about again, but we are trying to reintroduce them yet again! Fingers crossed for us all please.

      Delete
  2. I always want something in my chocolate--I almost never eat a plain chocolate bar. But that's a lot of raspberry! I don't know if I've ever seen that much in my raspberry chocolate bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raspberry was only on the outside of it, so it wasn't all through the chocolate as well. One of those slightly annoying trends I find is chocolate bars where the additions are just set on top of the bar. I prefer it all the way through. But to be honest I don't think I could ever have enough raspberry!

      Delete