Tuesday 27 April 2021

Eating Out: Cat Cuddle Cafe, Farine Bakery, Botanical Lab, The Green Edge

Life in Brisbane is curious... in general we have no community transmission of COVID, so we can move around (with some precautions) almost as normal. But then occasionally a case will appear, normally linked to hotel quarantine or a hospital, and we have to be ready to go into a snap three-day lockdown followed by two weeks of indoor mask mandates and limits on numbers. So far, it has worked well for us, and that means that eating out is on the cards again. I do so sparingly, but it is nice to be able to catch up with a friend and enjoy some food. Or, in this case, cats and food! I know how lucky I am to live in a place where COVID is mostly undercontrol (thankfully, as our vaccination roll-out has been handled atrociously, we are so far behind in terms of ther).

One day early this year I went to see my friend for a fun morning, and we decided to start our day at the Cat Cuddle Cafe for some feline loving. Have you been missing cat content on my blog? Well here is a bunch! I like the Cat Cuddle Cafe because all the cats are up for adoption, and all the money raised goes back into cat rescue. They have rescued and rehomed so many cats! They also have a cute cafe and op-shop upstairs, and the cafe is all vegetarian with several vegan options. We didn't eat this visit, but you can see a time I stopped by previously for lunch here. This time, we had booked a session to hang out with the cats. So please enjoy some cats.

Cat Cuddle Cafe


Cat Cuddle Cafe


Cat Cuddle Cafe


Cat Cuddle Cafe


Cat Cuddle Cafe


Cat Cuddle Cafe


Cat Cuddle Cafe


After catting it up, we stopped by Farine Bakery to pick up some of their vegan treats. I got a cinnamon sugar doughnut and a cherry danish. You can see other things I have enjoyed from Farine here.

Doughnut and Cherry Danish from Farine


We were thirsty, so decided to try a new to me (my friend had been there before) fancy bubble tea shop called Botanical Lab. I had a super cute and super tasty ombre Matcha and Rose Soy Milk Tea with Strawberry Jelly. I also tried one of their Vegan Mochi Brownies, which is a little square of brownie with a mochi in the centre. It was fun, and the drink was delicious, and the place is beautiful. They also have some vegan soft serves there as well. Just be careful and double check the menu and/or with the staff, as not everything is vegan. The only thing on a personal note is why do places think serving things in beakers is cool? It just makes me think of chemistry labs and things you should not be drinking! But it is quirky, I guess.

Botanical Lab


Matcha and Rose Tea with Strawberry Jelly at Botanical Lab


Vegan Mochi Brownie at Botanical Lab


After dropping my friend off at their place, I stopped by The Green Edge (which I've posted about loads of times before) to pick up my favourite Chickn Caesar Salad. I took it home for a late lunch after a very sweet (literally and figuratively) morning.

Caesar Salad from The Green Edge


4 comments:

  1. Oooh, that mochi brownie sounds amazing!! And what a beautiful bubble tea! We passed a cat cafe in Chattanooga, TN when we visited last week, and I wanted to go, but Paul didn't want to stop in (it was $15 per person to get in ... though I'm sure it all went to helping kitties!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was about that to go to CCC, but it definitely all went to those kittes!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, kitties!

    Don't know about the beakers; here the "cool" thing seems to be mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mason jars are very popular here as well!

      Delete