Wednesday 18 October 2023

Midweek Munchies

Hello! I have been on holidays for the last week, going no where, house to myself and the cats, having a lovely time. I suppose I could have been posting every day, but I wasn't feeling the vibe until today. So here are some midweek munchies!

I found this purple corn drink in a market with a lot of international options, this was from the Peruvian section. It mostly just tasted sweet, but did have a bit of a corn undertaste.

Corn drink


KM Foods is a small vegan business based in Brisbane, and they have started making frozen cheesecakes you can pick up from the Green Edge. This was their strawberry one. Really lovely flavour and great creamy filling, though the base could have been a bit crunchier.

Strawberry Cheesecake


I got this Bolognese mix on sale, which was basically just bolognese seasoned TVP. But it made for a quick and easy dinner one night. I added carrots, celery, and mushrooms.

Bolognese


Coles brought out a jumbo vegan chocolate chip cookie in their fresh bakery range. I was super excited, because it seemed like it was the sort of thing that gets baked fresh daily. But when I finally found one, it had like a week's expiry on it. So I guess it technically is baked fresh at some point! It was still good. I have heard from others that the best way to eat it is to heat it gently in the microwave.

Coles Jumbo Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie


Get Plant'd brought out some vegan slices - ham and steak slices. The ham is probabl the best ham since Tofurky become unavailable, However, lately, every package has gone mouldy, so I am not buying them until they sort it out.

New slices


Brazilian Style BBQ Grill Flavoured Pringles! Are good! Of course they were a limited edition, so they don't make them anymore, but I still have a tube in my cupboard to enjoy.

Pringles


Has anyone been watching the new season of Our Flag Means Death? I have been completely undone by it, it has taken over my brain. I just want to scream about it. Ed is my precious baby girl and I would die for him. Etc. If you have seen it, please scream about it in the comments!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Eloise. As she does.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so glad that you are having the time and space to rest and recharge! Sounds like you are having a fun time. I still haven’t watched Our Flag Means Death - I will add it to my queue. I think it’s the influence of Halloween coming up - Eloise looks particularly devilish in that pic 😳 - Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely much watch it and then tell me every single thought and feeling you have about it!

      Delete
  2. Rest well! Weirdly, Pringles here now has dairy in all of the flavors, because it was "easier" or something. Which is annoying. But there are other options, fortunately. I've never seen a flavor like that, so I'd definitely snap it up if I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is annoying! Several Pringles flavours here are vegan, and they handily have an easy to find and see box for vegan checked off on the vegan friendly flavours.

      Delete