Wednesday 23 March 2022

Midweek Munchies

Hey friends! I'm still here. I didn't really think I'd need to take so much time off blogging. Turns out, recovery from major surgery needs to be respected, even if it doesn't look that major from the outside! I've been doing OK, just realised I can't push myself through to recover from this quicker, I have to actually take the time to rest and recover. And sitting at my laptop for too long causes some abdominal discomfort, so I have been catching up on blogs, but then felt a bit too much to continue on to do a blog.

But here is a blog! Just a simple little midweek munchies. It is Wednesday, so it is accurate!

Pringles! The thing I love about Pringles is they have a handly little ticked vegan box on the flavours that are vegan. The Southern Style BBQ Ribs were absolutely delicious! But of course they are a limited edition so I cannot get them anymore. The veggie creations one were also really nice too, I would get them again.

Pringles


My mum got my a box of vegan chocolates by Only Mine for Christmas. These were the vegan truffles. There are five flavours: Salted Lime, Orange, Raspberry, Lemon Peppermint, and Chipotle. I nibbled on a bit of a chipotle one for science, but they were definitely too spicy for me so I gave the rest of them to my parents. The other flavours were really good! Every time I dipped into the box, I would change which one was my favourite. So I defiitely recommend them!

Only Mine Vegan Truffles


I am not a huge jam eater, but I love fun jam flavours. So of course when I found a place online that sold all these St Dalfours flavours I had never heard of before, I had to go big or go home. It was a flat rate for shipping, so I was determined to make it count! For full transperency, I got the french grape and dark cherry flavours at Woolworths, but I figured I'd just stick them all in this photo. Have I opened any of them yet? No! When will I? Who knows! But am I feeling good that I have all these exciting jam flavours? Sure am! Which one do you think you would most like to try?

St Dalfours Jam


I got this granola at Woolworths, and it was nice flavour but it was really a toasted muesli and not a granola. I like crunchy clumps in my granola. I ended up using this as a base for overnight oats a lot, which was good.

Macro Ganola


Some more Only Mine chocolates, these time their little vegan ganache filled presents. Unfortunately, these were not great. The chocolate left a funny taste in my mouth.

Only Mine Ganache Presents


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby in the sunroom


Something pretty major and exciting that has happened over the last several weeks is that Abby has started coming downstairs during the day! At first I had to coax her a bit, but now she pops down several times a day. She really likes the sunroom, and this is her sitting on top of the scratching post in there. It may not seem like much, but it is a massive step for this wary little scaredy cat. She is becoming so much braver, and it is magnificent watching her blossom.

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see you back here! But I'm glad you've taken your recovery gently. The cherry/raspberry type jams are my classic go-to, but I reckon I'd have fun hatching non-toast ideas for some of the more tropical ones like icecream or cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are thinking like me! I am definitely planning on using some in desserts. My friend says the apple cinnamon one is great for making mini apple pies or pastries.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, kumquat jam! Definitely kumquat jam first! And then raspberry and pomegranate. But they all look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the kumquat might catch your eye!

      Delete
  3. So glad you are back posting. Those chocolates look amazing. How wonderful that Abby is moving around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so amazing. It makes me so happy.

      Delete
  4. Here in the US I haven't seen Pringles label if they are vegan, specifically or not. I really wish they would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird that they do it differently in different parts of the world.

      Delete