Thursday 3 March 2022

Midweek Munchies

Hello friends, I live! I had my surgery last week, and spent a night in hospital, but was thankfully able to go home the next day. Goodbye uterus! They found adenomyosis and benign glandular tumours in my uterus, plus some endometriosis. So it definitely needed to go. A long road of advocating for my right to be rid of it, and I am so glad it is done! I still have a few weeks of recovery left until things are back to normalish, but thought I'd try a short blog post.

These are all munchies from pre-surgery times. I will at some point talk about my hospital food. But for now, let's enjoy these treats.

I got these sausages from Aldi, on one of the very few times I have been in. I just find Aldi stressful, plus the ones near me never seem to have all the amazing vegan stuff other people are getting. But these sausages were pretty good. I used some in a recipe, but had one left over that I stuck in a hotdog roll with cheese, ketchup, mustard and fried shallots.

Earth Grown Sausages


Earth Grown Sausages


A fun little dinner using one of the Coles Christmas Roasts I had leftover (I still have another one in the freezer), some of the Kraft Vegan Mac and Cheese, and some green beans you can just microwave steam right in the bag. The roast comes with chutney, which is the sauce used over this.

Roast with Mac and Cheese


Roast with Mac and Cheese


I also used some of the leftover roast, mac and cheese, and chutney to make a toasted sandwich for lunch the next day.

Roast and Mac and Cheese Toastie


Finally, I bought this Ben & Jerry's Non-Dairy Netflix and Chill ages ago, and unearthed it from my freezer to finally try. I really liked it, especially the peanut butter flavoured ice cream. Would eat again.

BJND Netflix and Chill


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Possum


Random photo for today is this lovely one of Possum, who was our handsome family kitty.

10 comments:

  1. I so wish we had the Vegan Kraft here. There are so many things that the West Coast has that the East Coast doesn't and now I'm finding that the UK has a lot of things that we don't at all - regardless of coast LOL. Another one is the Vegan Kit Kat. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Australia might be the only place with the vegan Kraft at the moment!

      Delete
  2. Congrats again on the surgery!! And man, I need to get to Aldi. I haven't been in ages, and I've heard they have a lot more vegan things now. I LOVE that Netflix & Chill ice cream. I have a few little bites left in a pint in my freezer now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I hope you have a successful Aldi adventure if you get to one.

      Delete
  3. PS - I found a setting on my blog and made a change. I'm wondering if it will help that RSS situation out. If you want to try and let me know - I would appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so glad you are back home recuperating. Hope you are feeling better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not in much discomfort, and the joy of having it gone is worth it all!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you're recuperating! I agree, Aldi is super stressful. I think I've been there once. But maybe I should try again sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only go very rarely for things that are known to me, and then I spend the rest of the time frantically looking and being confused. I also hate their checkout line system, with no express lane. So often I have a few things and I am stuck behind people with full trolleys.

      Delete
  6. Checking in again. Hoping you are continuing to heal. Also - wanted to tell you that I feel for you with the ALDI frustration. I'm super excited when I do find the vegan stuff but I rarely am able to locate it again. And/or don't ever get to see the stuff others talk about.

    ReplyDelete