Sunday 21 March 2021

Dim Sim

I've been away for a while... I haven't been ready to post this, and I'm not really ready now. But here we go.

Though those of you who follow me on social media already know.

On the 27th of November 2020, I had to say goodbye to Dim Sim. I don't really know how to explain the way my heart utterly shattered as I said goodbye to her, the last of my soulmates, my whole world and my whole life.

I know for her sisters I wrote long emotional posts, but I just am not emotionally in a place where I can do that right now. Because if I let it out, I collapse again. And as I apparently have to keep on existing in this world, I have to keep things close inside. I was not able to run away to Seattle like I had always planned because of the pandemic, so I am back and work and trying my best to keep going one step after the other.

Dim Sim, you were my love and my light and my reason. We were together over 20 years, and I will never not be missing you and loving you.

Dim Sim

6 comments:

  1. It's so hard. I still wouldn't be able to write a lot about Dylan.
    As always sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farewell, Dim Sum. I'm sorry for your loss, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so hard to loose someone you love. I only got about 15 years with my boys and they have been gone for nearly a decade. I still think of them nearly everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were not posting for what seemed like forever and in my gut, I just knew. As you know, I came for the Dim Sim but stayed for the food. My heart breaks for you. Losing such a wonderful friend you’ve shared 20 years with is unimaginable. I’m sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. You were magical, Dim Sim. I’ll miss you.

    ReplyDelete