Thursday 7 November 2019

Midweek Munchies (lots of soup)

Hello friends! So this week's midweek munchies isn't all soup, but involves a lot of soup. These are from back in winter, when a bowl of soup for lunch seemed perfect. Now we are in summer, and a bowl of soup sounds horrifying!

But first up, this lovely slice of asparagus quiche that I got at a vegan bake sale.

Asparagus Quiche from ALQ Bake Sale


Soup number one is this discounted packet of chickpea and vegetable soup. And it was fine. Nothing spectacular, but hit the spot.

Soup On Sale


Again on the non-soup front, a new brand of vegan biscuits (what we call cookies here in Australia). Monte Carlo's are an old favourite, with raspberry and vanilla filling. These ones were very nice! Much fancier than the old Arnott's ones I used to eat in my pregan days, and much easier than making them myself.

Monte Carlos


Vegans were excited about this brand of soup this winter, which has several vegan flavour options. Most of those options have chilli though, this was the only one that didn't. It was a bit bland, so I added some nutritional yeast, which improves most things.

Cauliflower Cashew Soup


I bought these sweet potato bites to serve with some salad I was making. They were nice and tender, and very easy to heat up. A nice change from falafel, and a quick and easy addition to dinner.

Yumi's Sweet Potato Bites


And finally, some tomato soup. Heinz Big Red Ready-To-Serve tinned tomato soup is vegan (make sure you get the regular one, not the creamy one), and it is my favourite tomato soup. The flavour is spot on what I want when I crave tomato soup, it is so easy to make, it is perfect served with a grilled cheese sandwich.

Tomato Soup with Cheese Toastie


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Dim Sim, she is just so beautiful.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it's been too long since I've had tomato soup and grilled cheese. I need to remedy that soon! The weather is perfect for it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a great lunch on a cool day.

      Delete
  2. I just made tomato soup with grilled cheese last week and it totally hit the spot!!
    Dim Sim is quite the gorgeous gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quiche looks so good! It's definitely soup weather for me, so your soups sound perfect!
    Beautiful Dim Sim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the quiche, it is always fun being able to buy something like that.

      Delete