Tuesday 12 November 2019

Eating Out: Easy House Vegetarian (birthday edition, with cheesecake)

Last week was my birthday, I'm 38 years old now. My birthday was on Thursday, which happens to be cheap plate yum cha day ($5.90 per plate every Thursday) at Easy House Vegetarian. The law dictated that I must go and have yum cha for lunch, so I went down with my parents (three is the magic number for yum cha participants) and we ate a glorious amount! Because there weren't many people when we got there, they weren't bringing trays around. A bit sad, because I love that part of yum cha. But we just ordered off the yum cha list, and they made things fresh for us. Everything was delicious, as always. Regular reading friends will know that this is one of my favourite places, and you can see some of my previous visits here.

BBQ pork is a big theme, with some beloved Steamed BBQ Pork Buns. We also got some Roasted Pork Buns, which is the same BBQ pork but wrapped in a flaky pastry.

BBQ Pork Buns at Easy House


Roast BBQ Pork Buns at Easy House


My mum's favourite is Noodles in XO Sauce, which tends to be a bit spicy for me. But my parents enjoyed it! I nibbled some of the noodles on the end that didn't have the hot sauce on them, I love how thick they are.

Noodles in XO Sauce at Easy House


Dumplings are a must! We had a variety - Chicken & Bok Choy, Mushroom, and Coriander.

Dumplings at Easy House


And of course, my favourite beloved - Radish Cakes and Steamed Beancurd Rolls. We got two plates of each! I just love these so much.

Radish Cakes at Easy House


Steamed Beancurd Rolls at Easy House


Of course, birthdays need cakes. I ordered an Apple Crumble Cheesecake from local vegan cake maker The Little Vegan & Co, and it was glorious.

Apple Crumble Cheesecake by The Little Vegan and Co


Easy House Vegetarian Restaurant - 8/90 Markeri St, Mermaid Waters, QLD - (07) 5572 8808

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim Portrait


For my birthday, my mother commissioned this wonderful portrait of Dim Sim. It is stunning and I love it! It is done by a wonderful local artist, and you can see more of her work on her Instagram page.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! That Dim Sum portrait is GORGEOUS!!! And Happy Birthday Susan!!! Yum Cha looks like the perfect birthday meal. I'm amazed by the thickness of those noodles. If I ever make it to Australia, you're taking me there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I will! I'll take you everywhere. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday!! It looks like an excellent birthday meal. All of it looks so good. And what a thoughtful and beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried when I saw it, such a lovely present.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful lunch; I always love your yum cha posts! And oh my goodness, the portrait of Dim Sim is absolutely beautiful; what an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so stunning. She did it with pencils. My mind is blown.

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday! The food looks exceptionally good, and the portrait... wow. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete