Tuesday 19 November 2019

Eating Out: Loving Hut Brisbane

It's been a while since I've posted about Loving Hut in Brisbane, which in part is because it has been a while since I've been there. I used to eat there all the time, I worked my way through most of the menu, but then I needed a bit of a change. With so many other vegan and vegan friendly places popping up all over, it is only natural that I would need to branch out and explore. Lately, however, I have been in the vicinity with limited time and in need of a yummy lunch, so Loving Hut has been back on my radar. You can see some previous posts about Loving Hut visits here.

My favourite of the mains is the Beijing Black Bean, which has beefy style TVP strips in a delicious savoury sauce. Also in this photo you can see the Salt and Pepper Mushroom, which is a whole field mushroom battered and fried in salt and pepper style. The S&P can vary, but thankfully this was a good one. And I love the pickles they serve it with.

Salt and Pepper Mushroom; Beijing Black Bean at Loving Hut


The Summer Rolls are probably my favourite thing on the menu. They are so light and delicious, served with a hoisin sauce.

Summer Rolls at Loving Hut


They have occasional specials, like this Vermicelli Salad. I got the Gluten Free version, not because I am gluten free but because the gluten free version came with tofu and I will always choose tofu. This was great for lunch on a hot day.

Vermicelli Salad (GF version) at Loving Hut


Sometimes, you just need potatoes. They serve potato wedges with tartare sauce. But I must remember not to get these again. The wedges were not very well cooked, and I needed lots more sauce.

Potato Wedges with Tartare Sauce at Loving Hut


Finally, their Steamed BBQ Buns. I love these! There's are on the smaller side, but still have lots of flavour. For some reason they serve them with sweet chilli sauce, which seems like a weird combination even if I did like spicy stuff. So I skip that and just enjoy the buns.

BBQ Buns at Loving Hut


Loving Hut - Shop 2/1420 Logan Road, Mount Gravatt, Queensland

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize the Loving Hut was in Australia, too! I visited one in New Jersey and I was not a fan, but I also only tried them once on a day I was very cranky to begin with so I might want to give them another shot somewhere else when I'm in a better mood.

    I choose tofu most of the time, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are everywhere! But I have only been to them in Brisbane, Melbourne, San Francisco, and Tokyo. And they all have different menus as well. So maybe another one might be a better experience for you if you are ever travelling somewhere?

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I've had summer rolls; the ones you got sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a lovely and refreshing food.

      Delete