Tuesday 21 August 2018

Eating Out: Brisbane Vegan Markets August 2018

As promised, the recent trip to the August edition of my beloved Brisbane Vegan Markets! You can see my other adventures at these markets here. Once again, I met up with my friends Tracee and Jamie for a lovely morning of eating everything.

I had just come from a sweaty bikram yoga class, so cooling down and rehydrating with a refreshing iced tea was just the ticket. I don't remember the name of the stall, but I enjoyed a lovely Lychee and Rose. Next time I want to try the grapefruit.

Ice Tea stall at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Our beloved Green Street Foods was away this month catering a wedding, so Tracee got her cheesy pasta fix from Fenn Foods. The pasta was coated in their sesame cheese with cherry tomatoes and olives. She also got some Momos from Tibetan Momos for her and Jamie.

Creamy Pasta from Fenn Foods at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Momos at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I stopped by the Japanese stall Raijin for some delicious Karaage Tofu, served with some rice and salad, and I added a couple of gyoza as well. So good. I am obsessed with their tofu.

Tofu Kaarage and Gyoza from Raijin at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Jamie had a cheeseburger (no picture, sorry) from Gatherers that he raved about, so I thought I might try their works burger with pickles. As well as a patty, it had mayo, lettuce, tomato, pineapple, and beetroot relish. The patty was quite soft, but delicious, which led to a messy burger eating. But it was really nice. I wish they had some chips to go with it!

The Works Burger with pickles from Gatherers at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Of course, no trip is complete without visiting I Should Coco for a sundae. I tried one of their newer offerings, the It's Popping. This has ice cream, chocolate syrup, chocolate milk, and coco pops. Just like a chocolate milkshake only crunchy... and creamy! Given the chocolate milk, I conceded to logic and got this in a cup rather than a cone.

It's Poppin' from I Should Coco at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I took home a couple of sweet treats for later. A delicious Rocky Road cupcake from Pippa's Pantry, and a raw peanut butter cup from Bliss & Co. I know what you are thinking - raw peanut butter cup? Most of their food is far to coconut oil heavy for me, they are very helpful with answering questions. But these PB cups have minimal coconut oil, not enough to make me notice or feel sick, and they are super delicious!

Rocky Road Cupcake from Pippa's Pantry and Peanut Butter Cup from Bliss & Co at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Penny


Little Penny is going to her new home tomorrow! I will miss her sweet little face and funny little fuzzies a lot, but she is going to have such a wonderful home!

5 comments:

  1. I'm super intrigued by sesame cheese. I've noticed it mentioned several times on your blog and that's one type of vegan cheese I've never heard of anywhere else!
    As usual you found the most amazing looking ice cream!!
    Congratulations to Penny's new family, they've got themselves a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sesame cheese pasta looks really good, and the burger, too! The Rocky Road cupcake is so pretty! Congratulations, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY Vegan Eats! I would LOVE to see that market! And those teas sound great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm.. nothing is better than chocolate and peanut butter

    ReplyDelete