Thursday 15 September 2022

Midweek Munchies

What a better way to start getting back into some food blogging that with some midweek munchies!

I ordered some limited edition Hot Cross Bun chocolate from Treat Dreams for Easter. It was spiced and had little cookie crumble bits in it. It didn't really remind me of Hot Cross Buns, but it was really nice. Tragically, Treat Dreams has just announced that they are closing for good, whever is very sad.

Treat Dreams Hot Cross Bun Chocolate


This strawberry coconut water was refreshing and delicious, will definitely keep this in mind for summer which is about to come crashing down on us.

Strawberry Coconut Water


This was one of those cheesecakes that I tested for my friend Leigh! This one was Turkish delight - a plain base with turkish delight filling and turkish delight jelly. It tasted lovely, though you can see that it was a bit runny in the middle. Neither my cheesecake or my jelly quite set. But as this was the first one of these I had made, I was able to tweak things for my oven and for testing notes for the future ones.

Turkish Delight Cheesecake testing


Veef came out with a bunch of new products, including the Pulled Pork. It also has some Pulled Beef, which I haven't tried so I don't know the difference. I got this on sale. It was not bad. I ended up cooking it up with some BBQ sauce and serving with roasted spiced potato, baby spinach, and hummus. I had some stuff to use up.

Veef Pulled Pork


Veef Pulled Pork


These Bird's Eye Plant Burgers were also new to me. I don't think I'd buy them again though, as they seemed to have a strange after taste. I just made a simple burger with mayo, spinach, and BBQ sauce.

Birds Eye Burgers


I served the burger with some purple potato salad. I had found some at the shops, which is rare, so bought them but wasn't sure what I was going to do. Until I saw Food For Dissertating post about this recipe. It was a lovely way to use them!

Vegan Purple Potato Salad


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle


All the toys, beds, and igloos in the world and, in peak cat form, playing in a paper bag. Hmmm... but wait! Who do you think this might be????

3 comments:

  1. Those little chocolate hot cross buns are adorable, and I bet that pulled pork would be excellent with some slaw on a BBQ sandwich! That's Memphis food! :-) Jealous that you're heading into spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, you had the purple potato avocado salad! It's a good one. Sorry about Treat Dreams. That's a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very sad, they made such good chocolate.

      Thank you for the inspiration to make the salad.

      Delete