Tuesday 4 February 2020

Eating Out: Izakaya Midori

Last year a friend from Sydney was visiting Brisbane, and we planned on a little trip down to Izakaya Midori for a delicious Japanese lunch. I'd been down there once before, and was super eager to get back. Delicious vegan Japanese food? Yes please!

They have a selection of sushi rolls available for lunch, and we got the Veef Coriander (which is spicy, so my friend ate most of that) and Teriyaki Tofu.

Teriyaki Tofu and Veef Coriander Sushi Rolls at Izakaya Midori


I also enjoyed a Lychee Iced Tea, which was happily decaf as even tea caffeine makes me jittery. This was very yummy.

Lychee Iced Tea at Izakaya Midori


We shared everything, so we could maximise out eating experience. The DIY potato salad is fantastic. It comes as a cooked potato with mayo, sweet corn, onion, tomato, and curry powder. You smash it all up and mix it together with the wooden spoon. It is fun and tasty!

DIY Potato Salad at Izakaya Midori


DIY Potato Salad at Izakaya Midori


Nasu Miso Den (Eggplant Dengaku) seems to be a permanent addition to the specials board, and is always worth getting. It is SO GOOD! It came as always with the little yuzu spray to spritz on, which changes the flavour.

Eggplant Dengaku at Izakaya Midori


We also shared to of the lunch mains. The Japanese Curry Rice (with Karaage) was a delicious, mild Japanese curry sauce that I love. The Terichiki Don had some of the most delicious veganteriyaki chicken I've ever tried, and was served with rice and salad.

Japanese Curry Rice with Karaage at Izakaya Midori


Terichiki Don at Izakaya Midori


We finished by sharing some sweet Doriyaki, dense Japanese pancakes stuffed with a sweet red bean filling. These were very substantial, so I was glad we were sharing. But they were so good.

Doriyaki at Izakaya Midori


On the way home, we popped into Flour of Life, the vegan bakery, to pick up some treats. I got my favourite strawberry tart, and also a huge chocolate custard log. Unfortunately there was not much int he way of custard in the log, just air, so I won't be getting that again.

Strawberry Tart and Chocolate Custard Log from Flour of Life


Izakaya Midori - Shop 7/ 50 Woodland Drive, Reedy Creek, QLD

Flour of Life - 22-32 Siganto Drive, Helensvale, QLD

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Kittens


I was working one afternoon at one of our other clinics, and had these two cuties keeping my company.

6 comments:

  1. Mmm doriyaki! That is something I haven't had since going vegan. I love when they are shaped like fish (and I think sometimes have ice cream?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had them at another place and they had soy vanilla ice cream and strawberry jam as well and it was really nice.

      Delete
  2. The DIY potato salad sounds like such a fun idea!
    Cute lil kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something super fun about smashing up your own salad.

      Delete
  3. That's too bad about the custard, but the rest of everything you had sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete