Tuesday 18 February 2020

Eating Out: The Green Edge

Circumstances keep seeing me back at The Green Edge, and I am not mad about it. Delicious food to eat and buy? Yes please. You can see posts of my previous visits here.

The Green Edge does some good comfort food, and one day I was feeling not great and their Gnocchi came through for me. A cheesy tomato sauce, served with garlic bread and salad.

Gnocchi at The Green Edge


With a turmeric latte to go with it, a perfectly warming and comforting lunch.

Turmeric Latte at The Green Edge


Back in the very early days, The Green Edge used to make an amazing satay tofu burger, but then they changed location, changed hands, and changed chefs and the satay tofu became kind of gross. But with the most recent owners and their new chefs, I thought I'd get the Satay Tofu starter to give it another try. OH MY GOD. It is so good. Tofu batons are cooked in chickpea batter and served with a delectable satay sauce. So good!

Satay Tofu at The Green Edge


You can get the satay tofu on a burger or as a salad. It has been a hot summer, so I went for the salad option the next time I got it. This was delicious. With a little serve of chips on the side because carbs are life.

Satay Tofu Salad with chips at The Green Edge


One of their specials for a while was the Philly Cheesesteak. They kindly left out the capsicum for me, and I got this delicious roll stuffed full of beefy slices and smothered in cheesesauce.

Philly Cheesesteak at The Green Edge


And of course, I almost always have to get a treat to take away. Here are some sweeties...

This red liquorice and chocolate chip giant cookie was AMAZING!

Red Licorice and Chocolate Chip Cookie from The Green Edge


I was excited to get this pumpkin pie slice back during Halloween, but unfortunately it was far too sweet for me. My dad enjoyed it!

Pumpkin Pie Slice from The Green Edge


Speaking of Halloween, this spoooooky black liquorice and marshmallow borwnie was legit.

Spooooky Black Licorice and Marshmallow Brownie from The Green Edge


I love carrot cakes, and this carrot cake blondie was a fun twist.

Carrot Cake Blondie from The Green Edge


A terrible photo because it got squished a bit in transit, but this Cherry Almond Muffin with Ganache was lovely.

Cherry Almond Muffin with Chocolate Ganache from The Green Edge


The Green Edge - Shop 2b 229 Lutwyche Road, Windsor, QLD - (07) 3861 1132

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara


Yesterday (Monday the 17th of February), was a very different day to Dim Sim's birthday the day before. The 17th of February is the anniversary of Sahara's death, it has been three years this year. While last month I took myself out and about for Gizmo's anniversary as I needed to be out of the house for the morning, yesterday I had a much more mellow day at home. Snuggling Dim Sim, watching some movies, making some nice food (including broccoli for dinner - Sahara's favourite)... and of course I lit my candle for Sahara and thought about her a lot. A couple of days ago at work I saw another cinnamon Abyssinian, and while she had a completely different face and body shape to Sahara, the fur was the same. That colour, the way it changes over the body, it made me feel very sad and missing my girl.

14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you honoured Sahara in a lovely way, relaxing and snuggling at home and remembering her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tofu satay looks incredible!! I always say it, but I swear you find the best food, you should be a vegan food tour guide!
    I'm glad you were able to honor beautiful Sahara!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want more of that satay tofu in my future.

      Delete
  3. Gnocchi! I love it and seem to forget it constantly. Gnocchi in a cheesy tomato sauce sounds SO GOOD. Definitely comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'm glad you're taking time to honor your memories. I'm sorry they can be painful sometimes, but there is a quote from Annie (the musical) that I hold close to me--"How lucky am I to have had something that makes saying good-bye so hard."

      Delete
    2. Thank you. That is a beautiful quote.

      Delete
  4. The Philly cheesesteak looks great, especially with all that sauce, yum! And I don't think I've ever had licorice that was baked into cookies, but that's a really neat idea!
    I'm glad you were able to have a mellow day at home to remember your beautiful Sahara; I always thought it was so cute how she loved broccoli! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you on the anniversary of Sahara's passing. In a couple of days, it will have been two years since we lost Jezebel. The anticipation of those days is hard... I've felt it all month long. They fill our lives with so much love, they leave a big hole when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, it is such a heavy feeling on the heart. I hate that time keeps moving us away from them. *hugs*

      Delete
  6. A cheesesteak without peppers is more authentic so you did it right ^__~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, I have only ever seen them with capsicum! And turns out I am right! Hurrah!

      Delete
  7. I am bookmarking this one for my next trip back to Brisbane! I love chickpea batter. And those desserts are so creative - I love the idea of red liquorice in a cookie, and black liquorice in a brownie.

    ReplyDelete