Thursday 4 August 2016

MidWeek Muchies: Silly juice edition

I like silly juices. The sillier they are, the more I want to try them. We have had a couple of brands hit the supermarkets this year, and some of them are rife with silliness! Here is an array of silly juices I have tried! Of course, being that they are super silly, the results end up as hits and misses. Here is my silly juice rundown.

This one tastes like pear with hint of cough lolly... hmmm....

Silly juice


Mostly tastes like pear.

Silly juice


This is my favourite green juice to buy. It is nice. Served here with a Notella Doughnut. For a balanced diet.

Silly juice and Notella Doughnut


Sometimes they have silly juices on sale, so I buy a selection of silliness to enjoy. The Carrot Top was good! Livewire wasn't bad. Chillout was very sweet and mild, pleasant. Green Keeper tasted oddly like dill pickles. I love dill pickles, but do not want my juice to taste like dill pickles. Do not recomment.

Silly juices


The Ginger Ninja juice is actually my very favourite juice to buy. So good! Green Light unfortunately was another oddly dill pickle experience. The Apple and Rhubarb one was tragically lacking in flavour, and I have decided that drinks with chia seeds are odd. Date Night is simple and sweet.

Silly juices


Berry Beets was very nice. I like beet-based juices a lot. Orange Bruce was OK (I much prefer Ginger Ninja), and Greener Bruice and Redder Bruce were both nice.

Silly juices


I've already discussed that Carrot Top is good, and I enjoyed the Unbeetable one as well.

Silly juices


My beloved Ginger Ninja, with a kale saute. Super health!

Silly juice and kale satue


The Impressed Juices are definitely my favourite. I love Ginger Nina, and The Works is my favourite green juice. I also enjoyed the Berry Beets juice and the Date Night smoothie. They have a couple of other juices I haven't tried because they are pineapple based and I am not a huge pineapple fan. Looking at their website, they seem to have a juice called Unearthed with carrot, apple, celery, beet and fennel that I have never seen but I am definitely keen to try!

The Bruce Juice is also pretty good, though not as good as Impressed. I've also had their Red Bruce (Apple, raspberry, lemon), which was nice. And they have two others I haven't tried - Green Bruce (apple, spinach, mango) and Golden Bruce (mango, peach, passionfruit... I am not a fan of passionfruit in drinks so I will skip trying this).

The Juice Lab I am not a huge fan of. The Carrot Top and Unbeetable were both good juices, but most of the other ones I have tried either just taste like pear or taste oddly of dill pickles. I am meh on the brand.

I have tried that Apple Rhubarb Chia juice from Parkers, as well as an Apple Watermelon Mint one (refreshing) and an Almond Milk and Date smoothie one (OK) and their Carrot Orange Ginger one (also not as good as Ginger Ninja).

So, there is a bit of a silly juice round up for you! The downside to a silly juice addiction is that, even if they are on sale, costs add up quickly, so I have cut way back on my juice purchases lately.

Do you have a favourite brand or type of silly juice? What is the silliest juice you have ever had? Please tell me!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara on blanket


Remember last post when Sahara was fast asleep on the blanket? I woke her up taking photos, because I am a jerk mother.

6 comments:

  1. i think I would like to try all of those execept the dill pickle one! I am not a fan of dill pickle at all. I love green ones though and anything with beetroot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one should ever have to drink a juice that tastes like dill pickle. It is just wrong.

      Delete
  2. Juice and a doughnut!! That is my idea of the perfect meal! Balance is key! :-D

    I'm usually too cheap to buy bottled juice because I have a juicer and think I could make my own so much cheaper. But I end up not making juice all that often, so I should probably just buy some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about buying a juicer in the past, but I suspect I wouldn't use it that often. But I am very good and buying juice.

      Delete
  3. Mmmm... so many juices! I love fresh juices but I haven't had any in such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to be into juice until all these fun ones came on the market. Definitely refreshing!

      Delete