Wednesday 1 June 2016

Eating Out: Tian Ran

Where has the last week gone? I didn't realise it had been a full week since my last post... and unfortunately the reason for it is nothing exciting, just my long week at work. Oh well, food time!

This post follows on from my previous post. After Amy and I went to yum cha for lunch, we went and picked up some doughnuts (more on that in the next post), went and saw Zoolander 2 (not as good as original Zoolander), and rambled around some shops until we thought we were able to face dinner. For dinner we went to Tian Ran, a Chinese vegan restaurant.

We both started with some Sweetcorn and Chicken Noodle Soup ($4.80), which came as big servings. It was so delicious that I accidentally burned my tongue on it because I couldn't wait for it to cool a little! We also had some Pan-Fried Shanghai Dumplings ($4.50), which were nice.

Sweetcorn and Chicken Soup from Tian Ran


Pan-Fried Dumplings from Tian Ran


Amy had Beef and Cashews for her main ($13.80), and I had Fried Tofu in Black Bean Sauce ($12.80). I love their black bean sauce, so good! Amy ate all the gross capsicum for me, and I tried a bit of hers. Their beef is very nice, I think it has mushroom in the base. We also shared some Combination Vegetables ($9.80) as well.

Beef and Cashews from Tian Ran


Fried Tofu in Black Bean Sauce from Tian Ran


Combination Vegetables from Tian Ran


We did our valiant best, but we were clearly still a bit full from yum cha, and both ended up getting a takeaway container (which meant we got to have leftovers for lunch that week, so yay!).

Tian Ran used to be only open for dinner, but now it seems that they are open for lunch as well! Though I recommend yum cha for lunch, Tian Ran for dinner. Make the most of it! If you are less sun-phobic, there are lots of beaches to frolic on to help you digest between lunch and dinner. Just remember to stay between the flags!

Tian Ran - Shop 8, 2464 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4218 - (07) 5572 0678

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Cat Sagan


In my last post, you met Neil de Cat Tyson. He was Amy's first cat. Shortly after Neil came home, Amy adopted a sister for him. This is Cat Sagan.

10 comments:

  1. Om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those cashews in that dish! I would have been all over that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely appreciate places that are generous with the cashews. So sad to get a cashew dish that only has a few.

      Delete
  3. Zoolander 2, huh? I'll be honest... I wasn't a fan of the first.
    The fried tofu in black bean sauce looks good and the combination vegetables (my favourite to order when it's on the menu of a restaurant). The "beef" looks to beefy to me haha ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the first one I wasn't expecting much, but ended up finding it hysterical. I still watch it and laugh. The second one just couldn't be as funny.

      Always order vegetables. :)

      Delete
  4. I love black bean sauce! It is so salty and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black bean sauce is one of my favourites. Our local Loving Hut as a delicious black bean dish that I get there a lot.

      Delete