Tuesday 9 April 2019

Cruelty Free Shop April 2019 Vegan Mystery Box

I can't believe that I am almost through my six month subscription to the Cruelty Free Shop Vegan Mystery Box, only one month to go. It is coming up to easter, so lots of chocolate. Plus some other stuff. Also, there were 11 things in the box this month, exciting! So let up open up and peer inside my penulitmate box.

2019_04_VeganMysteryBox


  • Chocolate Coated Marshmallows: I actually bought a packet of the strawberry ones of these a few weeks ago, but I haven't tried either one. Still, funsies!
  • Remedy Lemon Lime & Mint Kombucha: I didn't know there was shelf stable kombucha, but apparently there is. Remedy is not one of my first choices for brands, because it is sweetened with stevia and that gives it that gross after taste. But of all the stevia brands out there, it is the least offensive. Their lemon and ginger one is quite dry and has minimal stevia. I suspect this one will be quite sweet, but I will try it anyway.
  • Boulder Canyon Chips Hickory BBQ: I already ate these. I am not the biggest fan of chips, but these were good. Not to oily or salty, nice flavour, very crunchy.
  • So Free Easter Bunny: Did I mention it was Easter soon?
  • Booja Booja Truffle Hazelnut: I love Booja Booja! Plus they are normally super expensive, so hooray!
  • Sweet William Easter Bunny Face: Can we all just agree that Sweet William is a gross brand and that their chocolate isn't even really chocolate anyway because for some reason it has soy flour in it?
  • Leda Gojo Biscuits: Little two packs of Oreo-style biscuits.
  • Zuii Gradual Tan Body Lotion Sachet: Hahahahahaha. This pale skinned red head will give this a miss, thanks. I like my skin pale.
  • Chocolate Ginger Bread Bunny: Oh hey, did you know it is almost Easter? But this is fun, I love gingerbread. And chocolate gingerbread is also great.
  • The Gluten Free Food CO Parm Cheez Smoky Maple: This is based on coconut milk powder (why?), but I have it on authority that it is not very coconutty, but is very sweet. So I will consider carefully where I use it.
  • Provamel Organic Banana Flavoured Soy Milk: Strawberry milk is my favourite, but I also love banana. I just hope it is not too fake tasting.


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Rosie


A sweet brown Burmese named Rosie.

8 comments:

  1. I love strawberry milk too, and in my pregan days I never drank milk, but I did enjoy flavored milk. and I think it was Quick or I don't know who that made banana milk and I loved it!! Wish I could find a vegan version!
    Rosie is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Quik as well! I seem to remember some people saying that some sorts of Quik products may be vegan.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh it looks like you got some great treats! I wouldn't think of gingerbread for Easter but that sounds so delicious. I never eat gingerbread even though I love it so that sounds amazing to me. The hazelnut truffle sounds incredible and probably the thing that is most appealing to me as well! And you can't go wrong with chocolate covered marshmallows! What a fun box :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gingerbread is definitely a Christmas thing, but the company has decided to make it an Easter thing as well. I can't complain, I love it!

      Delete
  3. The marshmallows sound fun, as do the chips! The smoky maple parm is intriguing, but I can't think of how I would use it, haha!
    Rosie looks so soft, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially knowing that the parm is on the sweet side, I am very confused what to do with it!

      Delete
  4. The marshmallows sound super yummy!

    I am so afraid to use self tanners, like I wont rub it in evenly and it will be all streaky. I'll be pale thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, a sample sachet of self tanner? How far is that going to go? I guess if someone just wants to make themselves an orange patch...

      Delete