Friday 22 April 2016

MidWeek Munchies

I am still getting my Perth and Adelaide photos together, and I am frantically baking for a bake sale on Sunday. So here's a quick post in the meantime. MidWeek Munchies is back! I have had this post sitting around for a while, and finally it is getting to see the light of day. :) MidWeek Munchies is a fun blog linkup run by Jennifer where you share some of the things you have been snacking on during the week... or in this case during the week a few months ago. You can join in the fun and link up too!

I was pretty happy to find this almond milk yoghurt in Coles a while ago. Most yoghurts available here these days seem to be coconut based, which does not suit my coconut fat sensitive self. I did like this yoghurt, it was sweet but had a nice texture and flavour. I used it to make bircher muesli and with some granola and with some fruit. Unfortunately the company that made it recently had to recall all their coconut based yoghurts because it turned out they contained milk. Yuck. It didn't apply to the almond based one, at least, and the coconut ones are also back on the shelves definitely dairy free. It is about $6 or $7 for a little tub, so it will be a sometimes treat!

Almond Milk Yoghurt


I bought some of these vegan friendly mug puddings, just add non-dairy butter and milk and zap away. The first time I made them I undercooked it a little, and the next time I overcooked it. Oh well. It had a sweet lemon flavour, and they come in other flavours as well. I served it with a scoop of So Delicious Cashew Salted Caramel ice cream.

Lemon Mug Poudding with So Delicious Ice Cream


Summer fruit! Mango, lychees and cherries. (As I said, I wrote this post up a while ago.)

Fruit


I bought these nifty snacks from the Cruelty Free Shop online. They were pretty moreish to snack on. Light and crunchy, with a peanutty and salty and almost a little bit cheese flavour.

Peanut Cashew Corn Snacks


I'm a pretty big fan of Rebel Kitchen Mylk. I first had one when I was in the US, and I am happy that they are fairly easy for me to get here. I tried their newer chocolate orange mylk, which is pretty much like drinking a jaffa. Awesome. I drank it with a bowl of fruit, from a huge fruit plate that was gifted to us by a client, which I ate in my pretty bowl from Target.

Fruit and Rebel Kitchen Jaffa Mylk


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara in the sun


Sahara catching some early morning sunlight in the sunroom.

9 comments:

  1. Chocolate and orange mylk?? Sounds amazing. I've never had Rebel Kitchen mylk, sounds like I'm missing out. I love Sahara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebel Kitchen definitely makes a lot of great flavours.

      Delete
  2. OMG! Orange milk! I remember back in the day I went nuts for some orange creamsicle milk (it was cows milk) it was only a limited time only thing and I have been craving it ever since.. and it looks like in Australia you guys have matcha one too! T__T Why do you get the cool ones?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed that we have things here that you don't have where you are. Normally we don't get anything shiny or special. ;) Maybe the different flavours are only in certain places there? I definitely recommend the chocolate orange one if you find it. It is like drinking jaffas. Yum.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen them before I got them online from the Cruelty Free Shop, and I haven't seen them anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rebel Mylks. The chai and banana ones are lovely too. I've not had one for a while but you've got me craving them now! I've seen recipes for mug cakes but no packaged ones. I don't have a microwave but I was just thinking the other day at work that I'd be able to make a mug cake there :) I've not seen almond milk yoghurt in the UK just coconut but I would love to try it. Glad to hear that mid-week munchies is back and I will definitely have to join in again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the banana milk and was impressed, no gross fake banana flavour. They are so great!

      Delete
  5. "Unfortunately the company that made it recently had to recall all their coconut based yoghurts because it turned out they contained milk."
    Ah... that would make me nervous to buy it again. Geez.
    Looks like fun snacks =)
    And what a cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely makes you suspicious. But they got so much backlash over it (rightly so) that I don't think they'd be game to release it again without everything checking out.

      Delete