Thursday 12 November 2015

MidWeek Munchies

MidWeek Munchies is a fun blogging link-up run by My Blissful Journey where everyone shares some of the fun munchies that have been enjoying. I have finally organised myself well enough to take part!

Kicking off with these Hilary's Black Rice Burgers. Hilary's have been available here for the last couple of months, and when I found them on a two for one special it seemed like a good time to try them out! I got this flavour and also the root vegetable one. Unfortunately I didn't realise until after I got home that they all contain coconut oil. The root vegetable patty tasted too much like coconut oil and made me feel a bit gross, but happily these black rice patty did not. Great flavour! I ate them chopped up in salads. I gave the second patty of the root vegetable one to a friend. I would buy the black rice flavour again.

Midweek Munchies


I am really into green smoothies. Normally I add some LSA into them for a bit of a boost (I used to use a vegan protein powder, but I don't anymore), but I found this packet of Yuve Chia and Cocoa still hanging around from my Vida Vegan Con swag bag. It was meant to be one serving, but like many of these things from the US that would have been too sweet for me. I broke it up into about four or five servings. Really nice with banana, strawberry, baby spinach and oatmilk for a chocolate strawberry smoothie.

Midweek Munchies


It was my birthday on Saturday (birthday food posts coming soon!) and even though I said I didn't need presents, my friend Ashleigh gifted me with this lovely hamper! I haven't had time to eat any of it yet, but I am looking forward to trying out those snack bars and I have big plans for the ice cream. So Delicious cashew is the best! There was also some cocoa butter in it, which I am super excited to use!

Midweek Munchies


On Sunday I went at saw a National Theatre Live screening of Hamlet (with Benedict Cumberbatch), which was great. It was a three and a bit hour event though, so I packed a lot of snacks! I actually ended up having a huge lunch right before hand (which I will post about soon), so I really didn't need much in the way of snacks. But I did munch away on the half a packet of Choco Nonos I had because it was pretty fun to be eating vegan M&Ms at the movies. The rest went back into my snack stash at home.

Midweek Munchies


And finally some snacks I bought yesterday. I used to love honey roasted cashews in my pregan days, so I was excited to find these maple roasted ones and I am looking forward to trying them out. Also, we are coming into summer here, and I bought a perfectly sweet, ripe apricot. My first of the season! I love apricots, and this was a perfect beginning to what I hope will be a stone-fruit heavy summer.

Midweek Munchies


If you'd like to join in the link up fun, head on over to Jennifer's blog for all the details. :)

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara


Sahara is a cat who loves her munchies. Here she is doing one of her favourite feed-me-please poses, the collapsed cat. Note the slightly shut eye, like the weight of her hunger is too much for a bear to bear. The front paws, held slightly aloft. Oh, the tragedy!
Just so you know, Sahara gets fed several times a day. She is in no way actually starving. Though she is on some meds that do make her hudrier than normal.

11 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday. Another November one! Mine is next week :) Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. You've just reminded me to get my mid week munchies post done, it's a belated one for bonfire night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh happy belated birthday. I'm jealous of vegan m&ms, I must look those out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty good! M&Ms are not something I have really missed or craved since I went vegan but it was really fun!

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I love the pose, I see it often with my own tragic felines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no one so dramatic as a hungry cat. ;)

      Delete
  4. WOWZA! Great Haul! Happy Belated Birthday! Thanks for linking up on MWM, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am happy I finally organised myself in time to do it for once. :)

      Delete
  5. Lol. I love the cat picture. Mine does that move too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are clever kitties and know how to tug on the heartstrings!

      Delete
  6. "I have finally organised myself well enough to take part!" I need to do that ;p
    I love those burgers! I didn't realise they had coconut oil in them for the most part. The first time I tried them was at Vida Vegan Con =)
    Your friend Ashleigh is awesome! What an amazing haul of vegan goodies.
    Hungry Sahara is quite cute ;p

    ReplyDelete