Wednesday 29 December 2010

Feast of Christmas Past

It occurred to me yesterday that I never did post last year's Christmas feast. So here it is, one year later. I took a lot more photos last year compared to this year, so it's a bit of a picture heavy post.


Christmas Eve dinner was Basic Scrambled Tofu from Vegan Brunch with Creamy Coleslaw from 1000 Vegan Recipes and olive and thyme sourdough bread.


Christmas Day breakfast was Perfect Pancakes and Tempeh Bacon Revamped, both from Vegan Brunch.


I made my own cranberry sauce for the first time. It is Traditional Cranberry Sauce from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan. Delicious! Jarred sauce pales in comparison.


My brother made this delicious and refreshing watermelon, olive and red onion salad.


A festive cucumber and tomato salad. Just right in summer!


A delectable fruit bowl.


Potato and Mushroom Galette. I have made this most years for a long time, it was one of the first recipes my mum started making at Christmas once I went vegan. I didn't make it this year (2010) though.


The Rosemary White Bean Salad from Donna Hay again.


Marinated and baked tofu. I don't remember what I had marinated it in.


Rustic Quinoa and Yam Salad from The Garden of Vegan.

This year the leftovers were nibbled up in a few days. Last year they lasted for a little bit longer, in many tasty variations...






YUM!

Cute Kitty Photos of the Post

Here's how the kitties celebrated Christmas 2009...


Last year I made Christmas cards with my cats as the stars. Here is a Dim Sim card.


Possum got his reindeer antlers on.


Gizmo visited Santa Claws!


And Sahara dressed up as well. She totally wanted to do this. I promise.

Phew. Those posts were meant to be a series last year I think, so thanks for bearing with me as I just unloaded them all off in the one post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an awesome festivus feast! And I adore the festive felines too! =^..^=

    It looks like you had a wonderful festivus :)

    I hope you guys are not affected by the terrible flooding in Queensland that I keep seeing on the news :(

    Happy New Year, Susan and the kitties! :D

    ReplyDelete